Interview Help

KenHigg said:
Our I.T. people are looking for SAP developers and they're hard to come by - They say the going rate is 200+ an hour for experienced dev's :eek: :eek: :eek:
200 cents? :p :p

selenau837 said:
Ok, what is a SAP, other than my initials. :rolleyes: :p

It's the latest & greatest enterprise solution... Accounting, materials management, production, etc... I think it's done by a German company...

I (and many others around here), think it's a dog from an operational perspective but the bean counters are supposed to love it... So guess who the ceo's listen to...:rolleyes:

KenHigg said:
... So guess who the ceo's listen to...:rolleyes:

The Beach Boys, Maria Carey, Sid Vicious, come on I give up:confused:

selenau837 said:
I noticed that too, but I am not a wed developer,
Just as well being as you can't spell it:rolleyes: :p :p yes yes, I know it is spelt "it":rolleyes:

Col (who never causes trouble)

KenHigg said:
It's the latest & greatest enterprise solution... Accounting, materials management, production, etc... I think it's done by a German company...

I (and many others around here), think it's a dog from an operational perspective but the bean counters are supposed to love it... So guess who the ceo's listen to...:rolleyes:

I've heard of SAS, which I believe is a bean counters best friend. :confused:

ColinEssex said:
Just as well being as you can't spell it:rolleyes: :p :p yes yes, I know it is spelt "it":rolleyes:

Col (who never causes trouble)

Yeah, I know....my web pages would be very obvious! :p

selenau837 said:
No it's American military who get into trouble's best friends:cool:

Rich said:
No it's American military who get into trouble's best friends:cool:

This is my thread Richy boy, you're not gonna hijack with political BS. So behave or else. :eek: :p

selenau837 said:
This is my thread Richy boy, you're not gonna hijack with political BS. So behave or else. :eek: :p
We ignore the politics when friends are in need, as they say:p

selenau837 said:

SAS is a financial reporting tool that you can set up to extract data from different enterprise type app's...

Rich said:
We ignore the politics when friends are in need, as they say:p

Ahh, You sayin' I'm a friend :D or are you saying I'm not :( since you did post political BS? (such a female question eh)

KenHigg said:
SAS is a financial reporting tool that you can set up to extract data from different enterprise type app's...

Yup, I know!! :rolleyes: :p :D

selenau837 said:
( since you did post political BS? (such a female question eh)
no, no, I merely pointed out a glaring error in the miss use of the abreviation SAS:cool: :p

selenau837 said:
Ok, what is a SAP, other than my initials. :rolleyes: :p
SAP? SAS?

SAS is the British elite army team.

SAP is inside trees

Col

Kraj said:
So.... how did the interview go?

I was really peppy. I had them laughing, smiling, looking at each other and smiling with some of my answers. It lasted about 45 min. They were impressed I had all the classes I did without having my degree yet. The one manager said he was blown away at all I've accomplished the last 2 yrs. Well I've been with the company for 8 yrs now, so I've had time to have classes on the companies Dime. They've already told me where I will probably be placed if I am hired. (i'll also take that as a good sign)

I even had one ask for a manual I created last year for the database I have here at work. Which I have already emailed to him.

I recently emailed the recruiter for feedback and here is what she said.

The feedback I've gotten was positive. I can't say if you're selected or not at this point, but I know you're being considered (i.e. the interview didn't rule you out :)

I'll take that is a good sign. *beams proudly*

I feel really good about it, but one can't know for sure. If it doesn't happen this time, there is always next time. They offer these positions twice a year.

See I'm all peppy again. I honestly believe they could tell I'm excited about this and will put my 110% into what ever I do. :D

ColinEssex said:
SAP? SAS?

SAS is the British elite army team.

SAP is inside trees

Col

Ahh, ok that explains it.

SAP will be my initial once my divorce is final. Selena Ann P.

So how many other people are you up against, or do you know? It's always tough after an interview while you're waiting for them to decide. :rolleyes:

MrsGorilla said:
So how many other people are you up against, or do you know? It's always tough after an interview while you're waiting for them to decide. :rolleyes:

There are 18 position, so that give me a better chance, but as for how many, I'm not sure. I do know that it will take at least 4 more weeks to finish interviewing everyone.

KenHigg said:

People are still implementing SAP? :eek:

Back in the late '90s when I was at Amoco (ahem) they spent an ungodly amount of money trying to get that thing up and running. It took forever (I think we were the largest implementation to date) and then when they got everything up and running BP took us over. I'm unsure whether BP kept the system in place or not. I wonder if they think it was worth it now? :D

I've heard the same things though about the performance issues, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom