Invisible Query (1 Viewer)

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:39
Dear Experts

I have just created a new query in Access (copied & pasted an existing query, renamed & set different criteria) with the intention of using it as a Word mail merge data source but, when selecting the recipients > ‘use existing list’, the new query does not show in the list of queries. I would appreciate advice as to how to remedy this.
Regards PeteB

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
It doesn't show in the list of queries....? And I assume this means from the Word side?

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
It doesn't show in the list of queries....? And I assume this means from the Word side?
Hi GP
Thanks for swift response.

Yes, from the word side.
PeteB

ebs17

Local time
Today, 22:39
There are definitely form references or VBA functions in the query. Something like this cannot be processed from "outside" (Word) and is therefore hidden immediately.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
The word around might be to create a temp table in Access from the parameterized query and then use that temp table as the record source for the Word Mail Merge.

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
The word around might be to create a temp table in Access from the parameterized query and then use that temp table as the record source for the Word Mail Merge.
Hi GP
I haven't yet done the full mail merge but the temp table is visible in the Word record source list and the 'Preview Results' toggles OK, so I'm guessing it will work when the time comes.
Thanks a lot for your help and all the best.
PeteB

PS - when I run a make-table query from a select query to make a temporary table, the select query no longer appears in the Object Nav pane but, when I repeat the make-table process and give the new make-table query the same name, I get the message that this object already exists (although it's not in the list). When I make this temporary table I would prefer that the select query upon which it is based remains visible in the Object Nav pane. Is this possible, or am I missing something?
I would appreciate further advice.
PeteB

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom