Question Is this symptom a sign of db corruption? (1 Viewer)

NotSoRandomOne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:41
I have a back end hosted on my machine for now, and a separate front end on all four office machines. When I go to link (or relink) the tables on the front end in Access 2003, in the linked table manager file popup where it is asking for the new file to link to, the window is blank, even though there are .MDB files in the directory being viewed. The file type box is listing 'Files of type:' "MS Access ()". I can change it through the drop-down to "All (*.*)" and then pick the correct .MDB file. If I create a blank db, and then go into the linked table manager file popup, it lists "MS Access (*.mdb)", and the files show automatically.

Is the fact that the linked table manager file file dialog box is showing "MS Access ()" without the appropriate "*.mdb" within the '()' a sign of corruption in the database open when the dialog box is open? I haven't been able to google anything appropriate on this--can't figure out the right phrase, or nothing exists, although there is a lot about the linked table manager not showing any tables.

The only other symptom I'm witnessing is that on one machine, the user has received run-time errors of 2424: The expression you entered has a field, control, or property that Microsoft Access can't find... I replaced her front end with a copy of the current front end, and the error went away for a bit, but performed a 'ghost return' one time yesterday (then it acted normally after closing and restarting Access).

Any insights welcome.

Thanks,
David

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:41
No, that's not a sign of corruption (it happens to me here at work frequently). I think it has to do with some sort of network stuff. All you need to do is to select the ALL and it will display and connect. No need to worry.

NotSoRandomOne

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you, Bob! That puts my mind at ease, as I really didn't look forward to recreating the front end.

David

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:41
Glad we could put your might at rest.

NotSoRandomOne

Registered User.
Local time
And now I feel even better! :) The amazing power of Mr. Smilie! Have a great weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom