Kick users out of Access (1 Viewer)

robjones01

Access 97 + / VB6.0 +
Local time
Today, 11:27
Has anyone got any ideas of programs that are avaliable to kick users of a database in Access remotely?

Our Programmes team have a program which will do this and it doesn't involve any tables, etc within the database but they won't tell me whats it called or provide me with a copy of it!!

Anyone got any ideas?

robjones01

Access 97 + / VB6.0 +
Local time
Today, 11:27
Not what I'm after

I have already have a function like this on the database but it doesn't work when I need to KICK ALL Users out to repair the database if it corrupts.

I've heard of a program called FMS Jet4Admin that allows you to kick the users out straight away remotely. It does something to do with Access on there PC.

The only trouble is that this program is no longer avaliable as they now charge you for there new program.

Can anyone help?

bartw72

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:27
Kick out users

I struggled with this for a long time and then I found Tony Lebans front end loader (http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/autofe.htm). Basically this is a tool that will allow you distribute the database on a network drive (in whole or split) but the users run it on their own pc and you can update it whenever you want. I don't know if it will work for you but it solved my mult-user issues. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom