Live to work? or Work to live? (1 Viewer)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 19:13
Last year at an Ottawa rally the Enfield was the feature marque, great bikes. There were also a couple of Greaves which you dont see many of those in North America.
That group does not seem to have many Harley Davidsons except for a couple of older flatheads - one showed up for the rally a WLA which was converted into a civillian bike when sold as 'surplus' and only maintained since.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yesterday, 22:13
Hey 521
Thanks for the info. Even tho being brought up around M/C I never heard of the Greaves.

RXX00

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:13
I used to work to live but since I got into MI, I now work to live.

The saddest part of it is that I quite enjoy that :eek:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
ooops it is Greeves not Greaves - runaway fingers I guess.
Its always good to know another person who has had M/Cs in their lives as part of their lifes journey and not as part of an ego trip.

Hey 521
Thanks for the info. Even tho being brought up around M/C I never heard of the Greaves.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yesterday, 22:13
Well, Fifty2One, I cannot lie, at times I had a big head. In high school I had a new demonstrator, and was the only kid in high school with a m/c. In fact we had a 21 year old teacher ( I was 17) that was a knock out, and I got a date with her to teach her how to ride. My dad sold triumph cubs to a few young girls, and I told them that the dealership hired me to teach them how to ride. Now that I look back over it, I'd do it all over again. After all you’re only 17 once. <G>

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
lol I took full advantage of having bikes also when I was young and full of P&V. Got me in trouble more then once but not BIG trouble - worst was the time I met a very lovely girl and she invited me to give her a ride up to where her uncle had his boat docked, so I played hookey from work to spend the day at her uncles boat, upon arrival at the boat I discovered that her uncle was my employer. hahaha funny now but not so amusing back then.

Toff

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
Totally work to live.

I live modestly so am not worried about alot of materialistic things that other people worry about. Everything is paid for so even if I were to lose my job I could relax for quite a while before I got bored and found another.

Work is about 10 miles away and while it is an easy drive I generally bicycle there instead.

Life is not bad at the moment ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom