Maintenance Machines Running hours Database (1 Viewer)

MohSaber

Local time
Today, 16:12
Hello,
I want to make an Access database using VBA to control the maintenance of some machines by recording the running hours Reading from its meter-monitor (No connection, I will input Reading by hand) to calculate the running hours and tell the user when maintenance is due based on frequency (3000 hours, 5000 hours, 10000 hours, …. Noticing that one machine maybe has many frequencies) to start the maintenance.

Could you please give me an imagine to the Tables, Queries, Forms and VBA codes?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:12
is the reading same as the car odometer, where the reading is continuous going up?

MohSaber

Local time
First thanks for quick answer,
Yes it is continuous going up.

Last edited:

arnelgp

Local time
here is a crude demo.

Attachments

• Machine.accdb
    2.1 MB · Views: 38

MohSaber

Local time
Dear Arnelgp,
Thanks for your reply, I looked in your demo and tried to adapt my data with it but unfortunately it is mingled and doesn't accept the reading (give me error in VBA code), anyway I attached my data in excel format which I want to change it to Access database. thank you for your interesting

arnelgp

Local time
attached the excel file anytime.

MohSaber

Local time
Here you go

Attachments

• Running_Hours_.zip
    22 KB · Views: 40

arnelgp

Local time
you already have reading of 28200 there, but i don't know if have previou readings and pm on it.
see this "parial" demo.

Attachments

• Machine.accdb
    2.7 MB · Views: 33

MohSaber

Local time
Thank you so much,
For the previous readings and also for the pm or am it doesn't matter because we took the current reading per week at anytime then record with the Date of this reading

arnelgp

Local time
it is a "long" clicking to get to the Tag_no you want to do data entry.
i put a search textbox. type any letter from the tag or machine name, and press Enter.

Attachments

• Machine.accdb
    2.7 MB · Views: 39

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:12
For clarity as it seems confusing and you use the term "frequency", are services repeated? In other words, if a machine requires the 100 hour service, is it done again at 200, 300, etc hours? Or just once at 100 hours and never done again?

MohSaber

Local time
it is a "long" clicking to get to the Tag_no you want to do data entry.
i put a search textbox. type any letter from the tag or machine name, and press Enter.
Thanks you I appreciate all of this, It is good idea to put this textbox to get the Tag No, also I want to make a report on the machines that are due for maintenance to provide it to the Maintenance Team to start maintenance accordingly

arnelgp

Local time
if i have time today, i will create one for you. just keep posted.

MohSaber

Local time
For clarity as it seems confusing and you use the term "frequency", are services repeated? In other words, if a machine requires the 100 hour service, is it done again at 200, 300, etc hours? Or just once at 100 hours and never done again?
Dear pbaldy,
Thanks for reply
Yes the same services of maintenance are repeated to the machine every term "frequency", but another maintenance service happened to the same machine in another term "frequency".
for example the same machine maybe every 100 hrs cleaning and checking oil, and same machine in 500 hrs changing oil and same machine in 5000 hrs changine belt ... etc all those service according to the manufacture recommendations

MohSaber

Local time
if i have time today, i will create one for you. just keep posted.
Dear arnelgp,
in the Machine Form, can we add a new textbox next to the Label lblWarn “Maintenance needed!” to show which frequency is due as the activities (tasks) of the maintenance are deference from one frequency to another?
I mean to show the suitable HourBeforePM in that new textbox.

arnelgp

Local time
mr.MohSaber, i am still busy right now.
but the idea i have is to put those PM on the PM Performed tab and [Date Done] field is blank.
when you have done the said pm, you put the date (when it was performed) on [Date Done].
right now i have many things to do, so i cannot touch your db.

MohSaber

Local time
mr.MohSaber, i am still busy right now.
but the idea i have is to put those PM on the PM Performed tab and [Date Done] field is blank.
when you have done the said pm, you put the date (when it was performed) on [Date Done].
right now i have many things to do, so i cannot touch your db.
No problem take take your time

arnelgp

Local time
i want you to do me a favor.
on an excel file put the last PM done for each equipment that has been serviced including the date of the pm.
when you are done, post it here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom