Mapping? Change Query? VBA? (1 Viewer)

tweetyksc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:29
Issue: We have software that maps some of our "custom" grades that we use locally to the state-specified grades when we submit.
Ex: Grades PA and PP map to report to the state as PK. The data stays in our software as PA and PP however as it is needed that way.

I'm trying to run queries comparing our data with what is at the state to head off mismatches and want to find a way to NOT have these grades show a false mismatch. The field for flagging as mismatch is for example
GX = iif ([schoolgrade] not like [stategrade], "GRD", null)
I tried doing a compound iif statement in my comparison query field but got stalled there as there are 6 or 7 grades that map, one with 3 that maps to one state grade.

What would be the best way to alleviate these? I know I can do a change query, but I'm assuming that can only be done one at a time, and I would have to import the data. Doing find and replace is too manual, and the data is updated daily so I would want something automated.
At this point I'm thinking of creating a bunch of change queries and automating the running of them but that seems like the long way to do it...

tweetyksc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:29
Duh!

Never mind after I posted that I realized (DUH) that all I need to do is create a table with the grades, link, and pull from there.
I guess I'm Access-rusty....:D
Need to pull the cobwebs from the ol brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom