May day may day.........! (1 Viewer)

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Today, 16:18
Hi Experts,
I am not certified Access developer but have passion to learn it... I made this project any how (unprofessional style), now I hanged around in one situation, this project is just like any calculator that calculates Time & salary of each employee with complex units system and working hours... I need your help to make it a Database which can store previous records as well because currently it stores only 1 week record.

Attachments

• Treasury Management.zip
    88.7 KB · Views: 76

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:18
You would need to create a history table with all the fields you need to do your calculations.

ps: you need to get familiar with normailisation - there are duplicate fields in the model you have

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Hi David,

You would need to create a history table with all the fields you need to do your calculations.
Is it not possible to store history on same table.......? or if I create history table, what could be the procedure to send data to history table from my current table.......?

ps: you need to get familiar with normailisation - there are duplicate fields in the model you have
What should I do to remove duplicate entries / fields.............?

Thanks in advance...........

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
What should I do to remove duplicate entries / fields.............?

Thanks in advance...........

Sadly, begin again and redesign your tables so that a field only exists once in one table (there are sometimes exceptions to this, and storing history will be one of them) but as a starting principle, always start with this goal

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Sadly, begin again and redesign your tables so that a field only exists once in one table
But this will be very difficult for me to rebuild.... ! is it possible for you to amend on my project as you want and upload it so will get your idea as it is.......... it could help me.......!

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
something like this?

Attachments

• Payroll.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 81

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
David you r awesome, great man.......... you made it easy for me........ I'll work on forms to use that append query......... I didn't know about types of query before...........
Thanks a lot buddy......

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
No problems- remember, in the history table, only store fields that may change over time (eg tax rates etc). There is no need to store fixed values, they should only belong in 1 place

Dezirous

Rafi Ahmed
Local time
Got it man............ I'll do............
Thanks a lot once again...... again........... again....... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom