memory problems? (1 Viewer)

sullivan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:36
I'm having some new problems with my database. Specifically, when I try to open a few reports and a union query I get an error that says there is not enough memory to execute the command.

The union query will open in datasheet view, and display all the correct information. However, when I go to SQL view the screen is blank. I need to make some adjustments to this query, but I don't know if I have to retype the SQL statements, or since the info shows up are they hidden somehow?

The database is split, and each end is fairly small (front 3.76 mb, back 6.5 mb). I don't understand what I need to do to fix the memory problem. It does not seem to be linked to my PC, the users are experiencing the same problems I am.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jennie

Not A PHB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:36
Have you tried compacting and repairing the database? Sometimes that helps when nothing else seems too. I haven't seen that specific error before so I'm afraid I wont be much more help.

Thanks,

Lance

sullivan

Registered User.
Local time
The compact & repair hasn't done anything. I've tried it several times throughout the day.

Thanks anyway.

Anyone else?

Fuga

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:36
I don´t quite recognize this either, but I would quess there is something wrong with the query. For instance, I did something wrong with the joins once, and got a ridiculous number of records in return when running the query. If the query contains calculations and stuff too, I would guess access might go ballistic. But like I said, I have no such experience.

Can you recreate the query?

Fuga.

geralf

Registered User.
Local time
Jennie,

Try importing the db into a new db (with the data). I had same problem and got it working after I did the import.

Gerhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom