Solved Mifi router and sim card? (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 08:18
Hi guys,
Thought I would ask here in case some hads had the same need in the past, or experience of mifi routers.
My part time bosses have moved into new preferences and do not want to get a hardwired landline.

The office will rarely be used, perhaps two days a week at the most, and they want/need internet access.
They have asked me to look at the above, but right this moment, have no clue.

I do not even know how much GB data we will need. We use Xero for the accounts and have email etc.

Does anyone have any experience of these, especially if in the UK, where we are?

TIA

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Seems the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. :(
One of the diretcors has booked a BT landline internet. :(

Sorry all.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Just to round off the thread- most, if not all, smartphones can share their connection - just make sure you have enough capacity or be billed a small fortune

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes, CJ_London, I was aware of that, but they did not want to tether to any of their phones, or even a new phone.

All mute now anyway, one of the directors obtained a 12 month contract with BT, but no landline required, all with wifi dongle and BT router, unlimited data for £30 a month, so not that bad I believe?

We had similar when I worked for them full time, but the dongle then was just backup, in case the landline went down.
So we can connect with RJ45 for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom