missing linebreaks (1 Viewer)

mikeo1313

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:57
I just imported an excel into access.

A column turned out to be a memo type field.

I just noticed my line breaks didn't transfer over.

Is there any way to control this or should I just go back to my original excel source and replace my vblf's with vbcrlf's?

Or if I ultimately intend on using this data on a webpage would it be most ideal to replace with <br> I never did a dynamic page,,, are my vblf's still there and access doesn't render them??

Thanks

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 14:57
have you tried printing them in the imm. window. ? printing the values that have been imported to the memo field I mean? you have line breaks INSIDE THE CELLS in excel?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:57
Just to add to this:

I think you should be looking at the final output. If you're most concerned about rendering this data on a webpage then you should be looking to convert your vblf's to <br>'s.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 14:57
Just to add to this:

I think you should be looking at the final output. If you're most concerned about rendering this data on a webpage then you should be looking to convert your vblf's to <br>'s.

editors like DW do this automatically. :D no need to write html in an access database.

mikeo1313

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:57
have you tried printing them in the imm. window. ? printing the values that have been imported to the memo field I mean? you have line breaks INSIDE THE CELLS in excel?

Since I didn't find out how to print in imm window,, I looped through a recordset of the field, and in the msgbox they appread just fine though they don't otherwise.

I guess there isn't a problem after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom