MS ACCESS DB FOR TOURNAMENT MANAGEMENT (1 Viewer)

mabino79

Local time
Today, 11:04
i need to make a database to manage tournament of Tenis, please suggest if the below will work, found on google.

1651323004264.png

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
Would it successfully follow the rules of the tournament you intend to conduct?
Only you know what is, and isn't, appropriate to your own tournament, so if it accounts for everything you plan to do with your tournament it should work.

mabino79

Local time
anyone have the template for the same, please share

mabino79

Local time
Would it successfully follow the rules of the tournament you intend to conduct?
Only you know what is, and isn't, appropriate to your own tournament, so if it accounts for everything you plan to do with your tournament it should work.

there will be same rules

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 01:34
If the same tennis courts will be used multiple times I would use a location table as well to avoid duplication of address or name info. Many courts could be pre populated then.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
To vet your model, create some test data and test scenarios and "work the model".
Suggest you use good data and a few exceptions to ensure your model "covers" the scope involved.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
1. Personally, I hate the usage of "ID" as the name of a PK for a table. I believe all names should have meaning and it makes it easier to see relationships if you use the same name for the PK and the FK. Some people add a suffix to the FK. Conventionally, the PK is the first field of a table so I don't believe there is confusion.
2. I don't understand what the Registration table is. The Registration date should be data in the registration player table which is the junction table.
3. Although there is technically nothing wrong with multi-field primary keys, I don't use them because with Access, you will have a lot of trouble making a combo work. For junction tables, I generally start with a two-field PK. If it turns out that I need to pick the junction record from a combo, I make the PK a unique index and then add an autonumber. This doesn't change anything you've done before except possible the Recordsource query for the form that is bound to the junction table.
4. I don't understand the fixture table. What is the point of having two foreign keys pointing to two separate records in the registration table. You can always pick the first two people who were registered. In fact the whole fixtures section is a mystery to me. Of course that may be because I don't know how a tennis tournament works. But the fact that these tables include 1 and 2 of things, feels very wrong.

mabino79

Local time
just want to understand that how can i move the player from the Round like Semi Final to Final & so on.

mabino79

Local time
have created the draft database, please suggest how can i make the player to other level.

only need to make the simple database to make the player to go to other level only.

1651582606911.png

Attachments

• Tournament1.accdb
    2 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:34
Hi

Your tblMatchup contains Lookup fields which are not recommended.

You need to get rid of all the Lookup Fields and then add a proper ForeignKey named PlayerID.

Can you also explain the Event / Tournament that players take part in ?

mabino79

Local time
Hi

You need to get rid of all the Lookup Fields and then add a proper ForeignKey named PlayerID.

Thanks for your advise, have done the same.

1651639705264.png

Event & Tournament

player play tenis round (single / double), get the score & who win the match will go to the next round & so on till the Final Match.

need to keep records for Score & Winner.

Last edited:

mabino79

Local time
Hi

have done but while selecting the Player, its giving error as the type is Number.

please advise what to do to resolve.

mabino79

Local time
found something on other website as below, please advise if this will work as there are some complications

that how to show the scores as the format of Tenis score is different

Something like
tblPlayers
playerID
playerLastName
other player information

TblTournment
tournamentID
tournamentName
tournamentDate
other tournament info

TblMatch
matchID
matchType (single, double)
tournamentID (relates to the tournament)
other match specific information

TblMatch_PlayerScores
matchID (relates back to tblMatch)
playerID (each player in a match gets a record)
score (score)
winlose (because you may just save scores as text)

Not sure how you plan to enter scores because if you tracking sets then you need another table. But if you just need the string. then:

12 3 "6,3,6,7,6" win
12 7 "4,6,7,6,4" lose

So in tournament 12, player 3 played player 7. Final score was 6-4, 3-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-4.

If you are tracking the sets then need a set table

tblSets
matchID
playerID
gamesWon
winLoseset

But yes if you want to be able to get specific player scores then you need a record for each. A much more complicted way would be to only save the scores and relate them to the match. Then you would have to write code to parse them out.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:34
If you would explain which Tournaments each player plays in then it makes it easier to help you.

Do you have a group of players who just play each other every Sunday?

Do you have players that take part in specific Tournaments each Year?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 13:34
there is also an ELO rating system?

mabino79

Local time
If you would explain which Tournaments each player plays in then it makes it easier to help you.

Do you have a group of players who just play each other every Sunday?

Do you have players that take part in specific Tournaments each Year?
Normal tournament only

its only Single & Doubles on daily during the tournament period

yes players are permanent like in a club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom