Need a field on my main form to reflect all records from my subform. (1 Viewer)

SomeGuy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:56
I have a subform that has two fields. Both of these fields are comboboxes and the form is plain (doesn't have rows and columns like excel) so if you want to see all of the records you have to use the record advance button on the bottom of the subform. I would like to have a field on the main form (or perhaps just use another subform) that will show all of these records all at once as they are being selected in the subform. I do not want it to be an editable form, just something that will show the field info altogether.

Is this possible?

TPugh

Local time
Hi
Build your sub-form with two text boxes and make it a continous form. Place a sub-form on your main form, by selecting the wizard on your toolbox and then selecting the sub-form button. The larger you make your sub-form window on your main form, the more info you will see at once. Also make sure your sub form has at least the vertical scroll bar selected.

Good Luck
Tom

SomeGuy

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the response.

I actually went about doing it a totally different way that worked out quite nicely.

The subform that I have is the kind that only shows one record at a time cause I like the look of it. What I wanted to do was to have a nice way to summarize the two fields from my subform (actually I have more than 2 fields but I only wanted to summarize 2)

I ended up making a list box that had 2 columns and was based on a query of the table the subform was based on. I had the main form do a Current event requery of the query and post the new results in the list box everytime a change was made in the subform.

I made the list box uneditable so it just shows all of the record fields that I wanted. Just a nice little summary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom