Need advise (1 Viewer)

helper11

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:41
Hi,

I am a newbie and coming down to the biggest part of the database I am creating. Im trying to create a form that will allow the user to enter the month, year and userid from that it will open 4 subforms that have a datasheet view in a 4 tabbed area, 1 subform for each tab. Then have it do some calculations on the rest of the form.

I am trying to figure out the best way to enter the combo box values which are not bound and have the 4 queries open in the tab area showing the queries filtered by the combo values.

Thanks for any ideas...

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:41
There are any number of ways of doing this. What do you want displayed before the user makes selections? You could simply requery the subforms, start them with no record source and set their record sources when the combos are filled out, etc.

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 13:41
Im trying to create a form that will allow the user to enter the month, year and userid
Just one quick observation:
You should never expect the user to know and enter a UserID. Use a combo box to display the Users and bind the UserID to that combo box so when the user selecte the "User" the combo box will already have the UserID.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:41
I would say that one should never....say "never". :p

We use employee number as a UserID field, and most of the time that's what users key in (often it's all they have). I typically present them with a combo so they can select by name, but normally they just type in the number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom