Need help, Please (1 Viewer)

ravynfaire

Local time
Today, 06:28
Hello. I am having a problem with reports/queries. Here is the problem. I am trying to create a report from a query, just like I have done with all the other reports I have. For some reason this particular one is giving me a problem.

I have the query designed to look through my books table and pull information from the author section.

Like [Enter the first letter of Author] & "*"

I create the report in wizard (I have Access for XP) I pull the query search by Author. Pull the fields I want, fix the layout and finish.

Then when it trys to open it, it asks me to "Enter the first letter of Author" great that is what it does in the query. But when I click "Ok", it ask me for "Books.Book ID" .

I don't know where this is coming from since it does not ask me this in the query.

How can I get this to stop asking me for "Books.Book ID" and just look up what I have told it to?

Also, for some reason this one won't open on the switchboard that I have created. All the others do. PLEASE HELP!!! :)

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:28
ravynfaire,

Someplace in your query or report, you reference:

"Books.Book ID"

Try running the query that feeds the report first. If it is OK,
then get your report in design view and find it. Some control
has its control source set to "Book ID". Did you make any
changes to the table recently?

Wayne

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:28
This is a left over reference. Look in the filter and sort properties as those are the most likely places.

jon98548

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:28
Sounds like you have an object in the report looking for a piece of data about books that isn't in the query. Make sure all your control sources are set to the correct data source.

ravynfaire

Local time
Thanks. I have not made any changes to my queries recently. I have been working on creating the Switchboard.

I ran the query and it runs fine. It just asks me for the first letter of the author and when I click ok it pulls up the list.

I went to design view in the report and did not see anything.

I wish I new how to do a screen shot of it so you could see it.

ravynfaire

Local time
Thanks everyone for your help. Since I am still new at access, and I was having a tough time finding where the problem was, I did notice that in the query, books id was listed. So I deleted that query, made a new one without the books id and it now works. YAHOO!!!!

But I still have the problem with my switchboard not pulling the information from that report.

On the switchboard, I have "search by author" as the 1st option, should I switch it and see what it does? Now I know the report works so it should be able to pull the information but its not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom