Need some update Help!! (1 Viewer)

Martyh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:45
Hi all,

I can't seem to get this update query to work! The query is in Fig 1, while the subquery is in Fig 2 -- a list of Question Numbers against the Project Objective. The idea is (was) to update the Project Objective based on the Question Number.

The question Number is unique -- I checked, and even if it weren't, you would not get the response that I'm getting which is in Fig 3 which is the correct number of rows but they are all blank. I want the data that's in Fig 2

Any ideas are welcome...

Attachments

• AccessWorldFig1.jpg
    AccessWorldFig1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 68
  • AccessWorldFig2.jpg
    AccessWorldFig2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 63
  • AccessWorldFig3.jpg
    AccessWorldFig3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 54

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
It's hard to be sure, as my screen's fairly small, but is there a space before the criteria "Project Objective"? If there is and there shouldn't, that would affect your results.

Martyh

Registered User.
Local time
No I'm afraid not! --- Wait maybe I am checking right now!! ----> No!!!

Last edited:

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
If you change the query from an Update to a Select, what do the results look like using the same criteria?

Martyh

Registered User.
Local time
They look ok -- just that the "Project Objective" is still equal to null --- Could this have anything to do with the fact that Response is a memo field? In fact that is why I am asking --- I've compared this to similar queries that I've done before -- successfully! Could not find a reason...

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 00:45
It looks like you are trying to update from a to a field ([Project Objective]) from a source (qry5_1_2_Latest) hat does not appear to be part of the main query.

Without seeing all the SQL for the query it is difficult to tell. Just a a screenshot of a part of the query design window doe not show everything.

TIP: It is always helpful to post the SQL for the query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom