New member on a board (1 Viewer)

victorgray

Local time
Today, 13:23
Hello everyone, how are you doing here? I got into playing cards and dice early on in my life. I wanted to beat better players or the house, but I eventually became a winner, which made me really interested. After that first victory, I was hooked and haven't stopped playing ever since.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:23
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:23
Hello, Victor, and welcome to the forum.

Here, you might find a few card-players or dice-shooters but most of the time we don't delve into any gambling we do. For me, the biggest gamble is every time the wife buys a new outfit, will I be able to avoid the "does this make me look fat" question?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:23
Hello everyone, how are you doing here? I got into playing cards and dice early on in my life. I wanted to beat better players or the house, but I eventually became a winner, which made me really interested. After that first victory, I was hooked and haven't stopped playing ever since.
Wow, upon reading your testimony, I'm instantly a believer. Please tell me what I should buy or where I should play to be so successful Victor Gray.
Thanks!!

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
I wouldn't be surprised to learn you can recommend some great sites to visit where we can gamble along with you.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Edited for clarity ...

Following up on the suspicion that this is a bot posting or a scammer, I searched for the user victorgray image/avatar on TinEye and it returned two results, one for access world forums and one from an image generation site.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Damn, and I just cashed in all my crypto currency ready to make a killing. :(

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Now this is strange! I searched both doc mans avatar and Jon's avatar and again I had zero results returned? Not even results found in access world forums?

My guess is that TinEye is only checking up on recently uploaded images.

The next Newby I see, I will check that avatar out on TinEye and see if I get a hit ..

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Now this is strange! I searched both doc mans avatar and Jon's avatar and again I had zero results returned? Not even results found in access world forums?

My guess is that TinEye is only checking up on recently uploaded images.

The next Newby I see, I will check that avatar out on TinEye and see if I get a hit ..
I am constantly astounded both by the ingenuity of the spammers and scammers and the availability of tools like Tin Eye, which I'd never heard of before. It didn't find me either, although I've used the same image in several online places.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I knew he seemed a bit google-images-ripped off good looking. I was going to ask my wife if I was right but she left for errands

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:23

My forum image is an upload of an actual photograph that I cropped from a relatively recent family photo. To be honest, I still had a bit more hair in that photo than I have now, and the salt-and-pepper color on the sides might be a bit heavier on the salt than it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom