No record locking on split database (1 Viewer)

saip15

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:05
I have tried applying record locks to a couple forms and for some reason both users still gain access to the same form no matter what. Does the record locking need to be applied to the BE instead? What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 11:05
The form is not locked with record locking in place. You can still use the form. Why would you want someone to not be able to use a form if someone else has that form open?

If you set the form's RECORD LOCKS to EDITED RECORD then it will keep someone else from editing the record as long as a user has that record open on their form (which can be a bad thing if they open to a record and walk away).

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:05
generally, i would not use record-locking

access actually protests your data with something call optimistic record-locking, which prevents inconsistent updates anyway

in some rare cases this may present problems where oyu need to implement a different pessimistic strategy, but i would refrain form using any record locking unless you find you need it.

I never have.

saip15

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:05
Ok, Thanks guys! I just wanted to get it working if we started having problems on some forms. Mostly just testing the deployed database and getting a feel for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom