NZ Function problem (1 Viewer)

jneirinckx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:04
Good afternoon,

I have a query that does calculations of measurement sizes and I use the NZ Function to return the value of 0 if the mesurement is blank.

I put the database on another computer and know the calculation doesn't work and shows #Error error.

I can't seem to find a fix for this.

Any ideas or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry

R

Rich

You have a missing/broken reference, search here for posted solutions

hamed_gan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:04
Hey there,

Is the other system also using Access 2003? According to my information Nz is only compatibel with Access 2003.

You could also use an make-tabke query with an IIF statement in the fields containg the Null values;

Just type in an emty field

Y: IIf(IsNull([X]),B,[X])

Where Y is the name you want the field to have in the new table;
Where X is the field in your current table/query containing the Null Value.
Where B is the value you wish the Null value to be replaced with; for example 0, or a text, "Empty'.

This should solve your problem.

Ciao,
Zurvy

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
hamed_gan said:
According to my information Nz is only compatibel with Access 2003.

Your information is wrong. Nz() was used in Access 97, Access 2000, Access 2002, and Access 2003.

The problem is as Rich says, a missing reference which the other computer needs installed to make use of the Visual Basic library.

While logically correct your solution, by the use of the IIf() function is slower (in computer speed) making it less efficient than the Nz() function.

hamed_gan

Registered User.
Local time
Tnx...for the info.

I happend to read in on Microsoft Knowledge Basis. And I was unable to find the Nz function on the Built-in function in Access 2000. Maybe it is built in but you cannot find it?

Regards,
Zurvy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom