Odd combo box behavio(u)r (1 Viewer)

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Today, 05:16
I have been working on a database an came across an interesting 'glitch' that is beginning to annoy me.

I have an unbound combo box on a form bound to a table of land parcels. The combo box was created using the wizard so that I select a parcel number from the drop-down list and the form displays the record for the selected parcel number.

There are about 1,065 parcel numbers in the table.

When I click on the drop-down box I get a vertical scrollbar in the list (of course).

When I move the scroll bar down the bottom-most position in the list and release the mouse button, the list then expands to about double the size it was and my scrollbar is now positioned about half way down instead of at the end.

I have to move the scrollbar to the bottom about 4 or 5 times before it finally reaches the 'true end' of the list of parcel numbers.

Has anyone else come across a similar situation? Is there a way to avoid having to move the scrollbar more than once to get to the end of the dropdown list?

I have searched both the forum and the web without any success so I'd be grateful for any input.

Cheers!

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:16
You need to get the entire RowSource loaded to stop that behavior. On the Enter event put:
Dim Junk as Long
Junk = Me.ComboBoxName.ListCount

Using your ComboBoxName of course.

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Today, 05:16
Worked like a charm!

Thanks Ruralguy...both for this and for numerous other problems you've assisted me with by answering other people's questions on this forum.

Cheers! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom