One to Many - Count Last Record Only (1 Viewer)

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:15
I have two tables - one contains customer names, the other customer appointments. So one customer - many appointments.

Each appointment is booked at a set interval (every 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks...) which can vary from one appointment to another.

I want to do a count, in a query, to show in a report.

I need to count:

Total Cus_ID by interval - so how many customers are booked every 2 weeks, every 3 weeks, etc.

I need the count to be based on the customer's LAST appointment only.

I have tried, select query (group), crosstab (!)... querying a query... Total line using Max... then Last...

Nothing I tried works. The sum of appointments by interval should equal the total number of clients in the databse... It gives me 4 times that... so it is counting every appointment, not just the last appoinment entered.

PS: I also will be including two other fields: activecustomer = yes and source = Eve - need to know criteria to set for those within the solution you will provide.

Thank you for your support - much appreciated.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:15
Hi Valery !

Let me understand how you manually do this for a certain customer.
First you find the last appointment.
Then you read from a table the type of appointment.
Based on this type you read the interval (1w, 2w, 3w ... etc) that this type of appointment is booked.

Now, for this customer, you start to count... what ?
How many appointments have exactly the same type or how many appointments has the same interval for booked ?

If this is the logic seems to be fairly simple to accomplish the task.
Anyway, upload the DB (I think that no one can help you without to see the exact structure of your DB).
If my logic is not OK then show me, in very short and by using very usual words, how should be.

Cheers

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Mihail, thank you for helping. Attached is a reduced sample - 36 clients (patients in fact) with their appointments.

Let me understand how you manually do this for a certain customer.
First you find the last appointment.
Then you read from a table the type not type but frequeny, that is the number of weeks between this appt and the next which can vary from appt to appt (patients begin seeing the therapist every 8 weeks and later maybe every 6 weeks or 0 weeks if they only want to call when they want an appt of appointment.
Based on this type you read the interval (1w, 2w, 3w ... etc) that this type Current Frequency at which appts are booked of appointment is booked.

Now, for this customer, you start to count... what ? I want to know - currently - how many active patients are at 0 or 1 or 2... frequency
How many appointments have exactly the same FREQUENCY or how many appointments have the same interval for booked ? YES

If this is the logic seems to be fairly simple to accomplish the task.
For you maybe! LOL!

Anyway, upload the DB (I think that no one can help you without to see the exact structure of your DB).
If my logic is not OK then show me, in very short and by using very usual words, how should be.

TY

Attachments

• Sample.accdb
    1.4 MB · Views: 79

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Save the DB in the previous version of Access (2007 or 2003).
I'm not able to open the DB.

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
It will not let me save as mdb "...because it uses features required by the current format". But this is not true as I have reduced it to two tables with about 6 fields each - plain text fields - quite ordinary. Have no relationships... took out everything and left you the minimum.

Suggestions?

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Create a new MDB then import (embed, not link) the tables.
Take a look to the relationships to ensure that are OK.

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Works! Thanks

Attachments

• FinalSample.mdb
    296 KB · Views: 77

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Create a new MDB then import (embed, not link) the tables.
Take a look to the relationships to ensure that are OK.

If you forget to do this in .mdb, no problem. I establish the relationship between Pat_ID(s) fields (1 - many).
But if you haven't this relationship in your DB is a big problem.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Run query Q_PatientsAtFrequency
Is this returning what you expected ?

Attachments

• Valery.mdb
    660 KB · Views: 87

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
I have 7 tables and yes, all relationships are established. Just gave you a quick sample and deleted everything except what I thought you needed for this report. Thanks for the advice though.

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, this is great - did not know how to do this (what you put in the first query). I added Where Deactivate_Ind = N and Source = Evelyne and we have a perfect 30 records!

THANK YOU!:):)

One quick question (something else - quick - if you want me to post it, I will):

The following code, in a command button, opens a report in print preview, prints it PDF format and sends it by email - works great.

Would like to add the following "in it" - but don't know how or where!!

Just want to have the following yes/no check box field: ConsentFormSent checked after I open that report.

Here is the procedure in which I want to include this:

Code:
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Private Sub ConsentFormFre_Click()[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]DoCmd.OpenReport "R_Form_ConsentFre", acViewPreview, , "[Pat_ID]=" & Me![Pat_ID][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "R_Form_ConsentFre"[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "R_Form_ConsentFre", acFormatPDF, "C:\SOS\ConsentForms\Consent" & "_" & Me.Last & "_" & Me.First & ".pdf"[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "R_Form_ConsentFRE", acFormatPDF, "bergeronevelyne@hotmail.com", , , "Consent Form_" & Me.Last & "_" & Me.First, , False[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]End Sub[/FONT][/SIZE]

Thank you again!

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
As I've said more times over the forum, my first language is Romanian, the second is Romanian and the 3rd is also Romanian :)
After this I handle a little bit of French and English.

So, if you wish to make me able to help you, try to explain the problem from left to right and from top to bottom.

What is your new requirement ?
To have a check box in the report ?
Should be this check box always "checked" ?
Do you wish to keep tracks of reports created ?
Other thing ?

Sorry, but I don't understand.

Maybe an Update Query is enough, maybe not...

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Very sorry.

So, if you wish to make me able to help you, try to explain the problem from left to right and from top to bottom.

What is your new requirement ? to have some coding that will put a check in a checkbox, added to an existing procedure located in a command button

To have a check box in the report ? No, sorry. The command button and the checkbox are both on a form. The checkbox is a field on the form.

Should be this check box always "checked" ? It should be always checked after I have opened the report (clicked on the command button) a first time

Do you wish to keep tracks of reports created ? No but thank you!

Other thing ? No

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Where do I place it in the coding i gave you?

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Just after the code that open the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom