Parameter Value Prompt on Export (1 Viewer)

nstratton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:57
I have a button on a form that exports a query to Excel. When trying to export I get a prompt to enter a parameter value. I'm not entirely sure what would cause this. Everything has been verified as being spelled correctly and past that I am lost.

I do not have access to the database and have been instructing someone to do the verifying for me. Not being able to see has limited my ability to guide my way to an answer so if there are any questions I should be asking that would help me tremendously. I apologize for my lack of info but this is a intern project I did and now that I'm back in school I still have to work on it.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
I think the exporting to Excel has nothing to do with it. Verify this by just opening the query itself. Do you get the parameter prompt still?

If so, what parameter is it asking for? Does that field exist in the underlying data sources of the query?

If you get the parameter, what happens when you click 'ok' without entering anything? If you still get the data you expect, most likely its a sorting field that has been removed from the query. In that case, I would manually go into design view, remove any sorting options and then place them back. That should clear that up.

Its also possible you have used a calculated field in another calculated field. In that instance you will most likley have to build a subquery to get the first calculated field to be used in the second.

nstratton

Registered User.
Local time
I will pass on that information and see what I get back. It is very possible I put in a sort. The crazy thing about it is the prompt only happens on the export from what I am hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom