Pat Hartman (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 02:18
Pat,

I never got any response on general post of AWF. Would you help me out. Its difficult for me to find anything on Win 11 explore. How do I get everything to line up on the right side of explorer. In all other versions I could put an a or one in front of folder name and keep it at the top. Now I have to sub sort by 0-9, A-H so on, Some file that I haven’t looked at in 2 years is difficult and time consuming to find.

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 15:18
Not Pat, but you’ve turned on sort by group.
Click Sort in toolbar, point to Group BY and select None.
Then you can click to sort by Name or other fields or ASC/DEC. I think it will resolve your problem.

2023-11-18_16-52-56.png

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Not Pat, but you’ve turned on sort by group.
Click Sort in toolbar, point to Group BY and select None.
Then you can click to sort by Name or other fields or ASC/DEC. I think it will resolve your problem.

View attachment 111035
No none

Attachments

• task bar.zip
    114.7 KB · Views: 44
  • no none.jpg
    no none.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 40

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:18
How about sorting by date, that way your most used files are near the top of the list.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:18
I tend to sort by date descending, and sometimes by name ascending?
I have not spotted any difference in Win11 to Win10 in that regard?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
How about sorting by date, that way your most used files are near the top of the list.
While trying sorting by dates it only sorted for current month, and my thoughts were event if I find a way to include all folders It will be hard to find something that I am not sure if its from 2 years or 3 years ago. However looking for such a sorting feature (NONE) showed up. That seems to have cured my problem. I will play with it an little more to be sure, Thanks to all.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:18
In regards to post #2, I was able to get it to work with sort > group by > name. Then I repeated the sequence and the word "none" appeared.

HTH

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:18
While trying sorting by dates it only sorted for current month, and my thoughts were event if I find a way to include all folders It will be hard to find something that I am not sure if its from 2 years or 3 years ago. However looking for such a sorting feature (NONE) showed up. That seems to have cured my problem. I will play with it an little more to be sure, Thanks to all.
Dick, Does Win11 have a search field like win10? Top right for me
Failing that, download Everything That will index what you want and makes it easy to find anything.
1700332975352.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Dick7Access I see someone has helped you. Good thing. I'm still with Win 10 and I don't even have that option on my file dialog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom