Pet peeves or things that get your panties in a knot

My pet hate is when somebody asks for a favor and you say no and they get upset. I hate it when people won't take no for an answer gracefully because really they're just telling you they want something and no isn't an option :mad:

People who say they are going to do something, or be somewhere and 5 min before the time, they call and say something has come up. :mad: Or worse yet, call 5 hour later apologizing because something came up. :mad:

People out for a sunday drive on Monday mornings, in rush hour traffic on a two lane highway. :mad: :mad:

What about the people that take 10 items through the 8 items or less aisle at the supermarket. - I always point out they have >8 items and are in the wrong queue.:D

Cold calling phone calls? always in the evening when you're eating a meal.:mad:

The volume of adverts on the telly is always greater than the volume of the programme so you have to lower the volume or be deafened.

People that say you shouldn't leave a telly on 'standby' as it wastes energy - why is the standby feature there then????

Col

ColinEssex said:
What about the people that take 10 items through the 8 items or less aisle at the supermarket. - I always point out they have >8 items and are in the wrong queue.:D

I wouldn't doubt that you would do that.

Cold calling phone calls? always in the evening when you're eating a meal.:mad:
I hate that too.

The volume of adverts on the telly is always greater than the volume of the programme so you have to lower the volume or be deafened.
How about adverts about bodily functions, :eek: durning meal time. YUCK!!!

and Yes I know I can turn off the telly, but I don't want to. I enjoy the background noise.

People that say you shouldn't leave a telly on 'standby' as it wastes energy - why is the standby feature there then????

Col

What is standby mode??

Rich said:
Be like me, never answer the bloody thing :mad: ;)

Yeah that's another thing, people who call you up and moan when you don't pick the phone up. I pay for the fricken' line and I'll decide if I want to use it :mad:

dan-cat said:
Yeah that's another thing, people who call you up and moan when you don't pick the phone up. I pay for the fricken' line and I'll decide if I want to use it :mad:

That is what caller ID is for. That way you can see who it is, and ignore the 'cold calls' and talk to friends. ;) :rolleyes:

"Standby mode" is where you switch off the telly with the remote but not at the main on/off switch on the TV.

selenau837 said:
That is what caller ID is for. That way you can see who it is, and ignore the 'cold calls' and talk to friends. ;) :rolleyes:
You can't (in the UK) differentiate between "withheld number" from friends and "withheld number" from cold callers.

Col

ColinEssex said:
"Standby mode" is where you switch off the telly with the remote but not at the main on/off switch on the TV.
Hmmm don't think we have those.

You can't (in the UK) differentiate between "withheld number" from friends and "withheld number" from cold callers.

Col

Well, a friend should unblock their number if they want you to talk to them.

selenau837 said:
Hmmm don't think we have those.

Latest innovation in technology to come out of the Carolina's...:eek: :p

2251.jpg

dan-cat said:
Latest innovation in technology to come out of the Carolina's...:eek: :p

2251.jpg

:p

Evil man you are!! I ment the standby mode brat!!!!

selenau837 said:

Evil man you are!! I ment the standby mode brat!!!!
If you have an off button on your remote and an off button on the TV then you have it.

Col

selenau837 said:
I ment the standby mode brat!!!!

psst!! The big red button on your 'mote ain't the self-destruct button :p

dan-cat said:
psst!! The big red button on your 'mote ain't the self-destruct button :p

I know, I just didn't know there was a difference between the power button and the button on the TV.

FYI - I would think that there is no technical difference in the TV being 'off' or 'on' regardless if you turned it off with the TV set button or the remote button. (On most tv set in the US anyway) 'Standby', to me anyway, implies that an electrical device is not turning completely 'off', but may be in a mode that could say, reduce power consumption, etc... For instance our home computer automatically enters a 'standby' mode if you don't use it for several minutes...

My pet peeves

I drive on backroads and I hate to get behind a tractor with a load of manure!

EEK said:
I drive on backroads and I hate to get behind a tractor with a load of manure!

Don't go there Ricky...:cool: :p

ColinEssex said:
I don't like people who are hypocritical, especially about religion. They profess to be christians and go to church, yet they lead a life and say things that are morally worse than things I would say or do.

You are either a religious person or not.

Col

Very sad but very true. Unfortuately, I've been guilty of this.

Last edited:
ColinEssex said:
Was Clinton wearing ladies underwear?

I didn't read anything kinky in what he and Monica got up to:confused:

Col

Don't know if he was wearing ladies underwear or not. No reports to confirm or deny.;)

Monica and Slicky Willie--don't remember anything about a cigar???

ShaneMan said:
Don't know if he was wearing ladies underwear or not. No reports to confirm or deny.;)

Monica and Slicky Willie--don't remember anything about a cigar???

Yes of course I do. But a cursury glance through the satellite channels [I was looking for national geographic channel:rolleyes: ;) ] in the UK shows that this is not uncommon practice. Anyone fancy a Mars bar?:eek:

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom