Question Please HELP- corrupted db -linkages?? (1 Viewer)

allj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:54
Hi
I've been having problems with my db where the debugger isn't working. I think it has something to do with the linkage to the backend. I initially corrupted the db when trying to rename objects using naming conventions. I have tried the saveastext..... several times. I then unsplit it and it seemed to work. I split it again placing it in the folder it was originally corrupted in. It worked a bunch of times but then same no debugging happened again. I decided to link it to another older backend and so far it is working. Debuggers in other db are working including the unsplit one. Where in the program does it tell it where to link the front and backend?? Is it in the hidden files somewhere. I'm way over my head here and need HELP!!. I have worked a zillion hrs on this db and can't lose it. So please help. thanks Alan

KathyL

Registered User.
Local time
Which release of Access are you using? 2003 or 2007?
Have you done a compact and repair?
What do you mean by “no debugging happened” or “debugger isn’t working”?
You only need to do a ‘Debug, Compile’ if you have changed code. It doesn’t need to be run if you only change queries or things not involving code or macros.

allj

Registered User.
Local time
2003 - the vb editor doesn't work even with an error or break - only in the db I have working on forever. This started after I renamed all my objects to naming conventions and the db got corrupted on closing. Any help is appreciated. Alan

KathyL

Registered User.
Local time
On more than one occasion, to have a fast solution, I have done the following. I get a copy of a good working DB from the past. I then export all needed tables from the corrupted DB over to the good working DB... and then you have a fully repaired DB with all current data.

Then you can try to figure out what your problem is in another copy, if you feel you need to.

allj

Registered User.
Local time
thanks. I did this and the copy worked so I compacted/repaired several times thinking to insure the copy form corruption. But as soon I finished it was corrupt - no vb editor. I am going to lose weeks worth of work and have gone back to an older version YUK! What a waste. Thanks Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom