Print to fax (1 Viewer)

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:21
This is a little on the higher end of VBA, but I would appreciate any help or direction you guys can give me.

When my user wants to process a form I prompt to preview,print,fax, or email the form. I've coded everything except the fax, because I want it to be more intelligent than I can make it. We use FAXport Client as our faxing software and it is fully compatible with MS Exchange. (So I can enable it to open an Outlook message with the report as an attachment.)

OR I can use the acViewPreview parameter and then the use can select the Faxport Printer.

The thing I want more intelligent, is the faxnumber is stored in the database, does anyone have any clue how I can pass this to Faxport or Outlook??

Any suggestions are much appreciated,
Charity

Matthew Snook

NW Salmon Database
Local time
Today, 13:21
If you link the outlook database using the "get external data" link, I think you can treat the outlook data as if it were in Access. Of course maybe there would be problems if people put their files in different directories, so you'd have to have the path to the outlook files entered by the users during setup, or some similar workaround.

Would that address your problem?

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom