Solved Problems with Umlaute/UTF8 with MySQL Connector 8.0 (1 Viewer)

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:17
Hi there, I'm pulling data from my Wordpress database (charset utf8mb4_unicode_ci) via MySQL Connector 8.0 into MS Access. This has worked well until I had to restore a backup on my website using Duplicator Backup Plugin. Now, all German Umlaute (ä, ü etc.) and other letters like ß are displayed incorrectly in Access (e.g. Ãœbersetzung instead of Übersetzung; pls see in this screenshot: https://snipboard.io/W3Jqwd.jpg). I already installed the newest Connector version, I added CHARSET=utf8mb4 to my connection string (see below), nothing helped. Is there somthing else I can do? Thanks for help. Frank

Code:
Constr = "Driver=MySQL ODBC 8.0 Ansi Driver;" & _
"Server=" & server & "; User = " & user & ";Password = " & pw & ";Database=" & datenbank & "; CHARSET=utf8mb4"

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:17
I find your connection string somewhat contradictory. I highlighted it for you:
Driver=MySQL ODBC 8.0 Ansi Driver
CHARSET=utf8mb4

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
Good morning, thank you, do you think that Ansi and utf8mb4 don't go together? What's your point? Thx, Frank

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
In the meantime I solved this with CONVERT(CAST(CONVERT( column ) USING LATIN1) AS BINARY) USING UTF8) in the select. Best, Frank

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:17
Good morning, thank you, do you think that Ansi and utf8mb4 don't go together?
Why aren't you using the Unicode driver? Is it available in the list of drivers?
Code:
Constr = "Driver=MySQL ODBC 8.0 Unicode Driver;" & _

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom