Query not showing records (1 Viewer)

Bmoore

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:31
are you using Text as date field type. becoz' on your posted image it is left align on the datasheet.
In post #7 it shows its Date/Time data type

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I copied and pasted it.... This is what its doing

View attachment 75852
Sorry, I didn't read it close enough. We'll need to take out the Min() part too. So,
Code:
WHERE DataT.[Date] BETWEEN [Start Date] And [End Date]
Hope that helps...

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 13:31
have you already check the Parameter datatype. on the snapshot sql query, I did not see it.

Bmoore

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks alot.... Its working somewhat now... I guess I need to go back format the report coming from that query since its asking me for parameters now. Does that sound right?

Bmoore

Registered User.
Local time
have you already check the Parameter datatype. on the snapshot sql query, I did not see it.

No.....:confused: will that cause the report from that query to ask for the parameters of the fields being totaled??

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks alot.... Its working somewhat now... I guess I need to go back format the report coming from that query since its asking me for parameters now. Does that sound right?
Just make sure the parameters in the query and the controls on the report are spelled the exact same way. Cheers!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:31
I know you didn't ask about this and it isn't part of your problem but you might want to think about properly normalizing your table.

You have three columns for types of service:
Sum(IIf([DataT]![Oil & Filiter Change]=Yes,1,0)) AS [Oil Changes],
Sum(IIf([DataT]![General Repair]=Yes,1,0)) AS [General Repairs],
Sum(IIf([DataT]![General Service]=Yes,1,0)) AS [General Services]
When in reality, you should have ONE column which identifies which service was performed. Think about what you would have to change if your boss asked for a new service type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom