Quicken Report (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 04:28
Googled for an hour
How to make a report open expanded as default, without having to click the plus each time.
Help I am of throwing computers:mad: out the window

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I haven't found expanded default, but next best thing. A button click to expand all of report.

CarlettoFed

Local time
Today, 10:28
Insert the following instruction in the Report Load event:
Code:
Private Sub Report_Load()
    DoCmd.Maximize
End Sub

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:28
does Quicken support VBA?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:28
My thoughts exactly?
TBH Dick, I would expect a question like this to be asked in a Quicken forum? :(

I only have 2004 and can see no way to default to maximised, but asking at the source would be a much better option, surely?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
TBH Dick, I would expect a question like this to be asked in a Quicken forum? :(

I only have 2004 and can see no way to default to maximised, but asking at the source would be a much better option, surely?
yes, you are right, but every time I ask in quicken community, I have to jump thru hoops to get the answer. Secondly, I very seldom have a quicken problem, however with my AOL account being hacked, and a new computer Win 11 that is confusing to me I had to set up all my Quicken reports for tax purposes, Oh! not to mention IRS changing my tax account pin, my accountant was unable to file my taxes. It's been a nightmare. On hold unbelievable amount time on hold to even get to talk to a live person, then they told me 17 day before they can issue a new PIN. Also I was surprise when I posted that AWF did not have a Quicken section.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:28
I sympathize with @Dick7Access in this regard. Many times I have asked a question in a certain forum because, despite the Title of the forum, I had special knowledge or past experience with the people who went to that forum, and I had reason to believe they could help me out. Or, there was a solid technical basis for doing so, SUCH AS: Asking a question in an Excel forum, about an Access VBA script, which was written against the Excel object model and would be 10x more known by Excel vba experts than it would be by Access-only experts. And so on and so forth.

I feel it's an Honor to this website that people are sometimes so convinced they can find good respones/people that they're willing to go a little off-topic; others feel it's some kind of insult or baggage, which I think is myopic when you stand back from the 30,000-foot view of what says what about the value of a Community.

But there will always be the Off-Topic Police.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
You are at the mercy of the experts and what they decide to focus on. This has always been the the case. With the emergence of AI some of these issues will fade into the background.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Hopefully so, unless AI is just a conglomeration of the experts' accumulated storage, in which case it may be wise enough to actually recommend to you to use certain tools rather than others, because the accumulated wisdom on the one is much more than the other. I've had that happen myself, where I wanted to try a certain tool, but went on the Internet and realized that the online help community was so sparse for that tool, I was actually much less likely to succeed if I tried to use it - no matter how good it was.

AI may be tied to that, unless individuals expose their information so strongly and pervasively to AI that it can dig up what it needs to.

On the other hand, I've noticed ChatGPT is very optimistic about everything. Honestly there are occasional some cases where you'd be better off having a human assess the landscape of a particular software and tell you ... "Ehh.. actually, you may want to re-think using that technologly in your circumstance because of xyz".... I think right now AI is in the "can-do attitude phase", where it excitedly gathers information, and tends to lend a veneer of giddy optimism to every situation, rather than the most helpful assessment which could be optimistic or more cautionary.

I'm sure AI will get there though - this is just the beginning of a loooooooooong journey. And humans learning to become professionals at giving it input will matter a lot - just like one has to become professional in a sense at giving a computer input. In fact the parallels are many there.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I don’t know a lot about AI, but the one thing in print or talk about it, is that it will put a lot of people out of work. At my age I have seen and heard the same think numerous times. Classic example. Automobiles will put farmers and buggy whip makers out of work. All buggy whip makers, farmers, wheelwrights, and harness makers had to do was learn to make steering wheels, brake pads, gas tanks etc. In my opinion the same thing will happen with AI. Not that I will be around to see it Oh! Anybody want to buy some floppy disk; I will let them go cheap.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I really appreciate you sharing that perspective, Dick. As many times as I have told a 19-yr old things about cycles when we are talking about minimum wages, price hikes, inflation, the economy, principles of get-off-your-butt-and-work-your-way-up, and they were trying desperately to convince me that "No, this time, it's different - our generation really can't get ahead", and me telling them about how they could leave their computer screen right this second, get a job at McDonalds, and be a GM making $100,000/year within 2 years if they chose to have the right character and work ethic, etc..............and me trying to convince them that "nothing appears to be the cycle it really is when you're 19, but later, you'll see it".

I practice what I preach by listening to you now. I like that you shared that, I will have to keep that in mind when I am all nerve-wracked about AI taking away everyone's jobs. You're right, mankind has been saying that for centuries and perhaps those of us who have seen fewer and less of that cycle have a harder time recognizing it for the cycle it is.

Thank you

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Dick do you ever preach in Arizona? I/we could use some good sermons out here. It's a desert in many ways!

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick do you ever preach in Arizona? I/we could use some good sermons out here. It's a desert in many ways!
Since my wife had to be put in a nursing home I don’t travel further west than Beaumont, TX, but in 2002 my wife and I took the RV west. Lots of meetings and sightseeing also. Most interesting for me was Alcatraz. Wife’s favorite, Crater Lake. Walla Walla, WA I tried Yak Burger. Here is a partial list of cities I preached at. Gilbert, AZ 6/9/2002, Glendale, AZ 6/16/2002, Prescott Valley, AZ 6/19/2002, Sahuarita, AZ 6/12/2002, Willcox, Az 6/5/2002, San Francisco, CA 7/3/2002, Denver, CO 7/21/2002, Walla Walla, WA 7/11/2002, Douglas, WY 7/17/2002, Salem, OR 7/7/2002, Plains, MT 7/14/2002 (Good records Praise God for Access)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Oh wow, I can definitely understand the situation with being near your wife. That's a difficult thing to manage and I hope that you all are well this weekend.

2002 was when I lived in tulsa, before briefly moving to San Diego for law school and then finally Arizona in 2004.

If you ever come back to the Phoenix area let me know! You can stay with us while you do a sermon over the weekend or whatever.

Too bad I didn't catch the one in Gilbert or glendale. I lived in Gilbert from 2012 through 2016. Glad you made it out of Glendale alive, the west side of this metro area catches about 80% of the crime

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Oh wow, I can definitely understand the situation with being near your wife. That's a difficult thing to manage and I hope that you all are well this weekend.

2002 was when I lived in tulsa, before briefly moving to San Diego for law school and then finally Arizona in 2004.

If you ever come back to the Phoenix area let me know! You can stay with us while you do a sermon over the weekend or whatever.

Too bad I didn't catch the one in Gilbert or glendale. I lived in Gilbert from 2012 through 2016. Glad you made it out of Glendale alive, the west side of this metro area catches about 80% of the crime

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Thanks for the invite. Don't envision going that way shortly but if I do we can coffee and Access

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom