Reserved Words Case Sensitive? (1 Viewer)

PaulJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:18
Microsoft application note 286335 (List of reserved words in Access....) gives a list of reserved words that we should avoid. Does anyone know for certain if these reserved words are case sensitive? ;)

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:18
Considering that the behavior is to use same capitalization for any keywords, I would have to say it won't matter if you type in NAME, NAme, or name- it will be all same as Name to Access and still cause problem.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Microsoft application note 286335 (List of reserved words in Access....) gives a list of reserved words that we should avoid. Does anyone know for certain if these reserved words are case sensitive? ;)
In most cases these are not case sensitive. In any case it would cause confusion if you had two different names only differing by capitalisation. remember someone else may have to maintain your DB in the future.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:18
Rabbie, believe it or not, it seems to be fairly common for C-variants folks to use names differing in only capitalization (e.g. Name as a base class, and name as a actual object of the Name class). :eek:

Not that I don't disagree with you- it'd be confusing as hell.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Rabbie, believe it or not, it seems to be fairly common for C-variants folks to use names differing in only capitalization (e.g. Name as a base class, and name as a actual object of the Name class). :eek:

Not that I don't disagree with you- it'd be confusing as hell.
I guess its what you're used to:)

PaulJR

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for all your responses, I had a reserved name that was used throughout my database (only differing by capitalisation). To play safe I have changed the name, and this being my first Access project I'm happy its all still working okay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom