Resolution Solution (1 Viewer)

deadman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:14
Has anyone gotten the VBA code to work that Ken Getz published online in his article “Screen Resolution, Resolved!” It is supposed to solve the problem of transferring a database to computers with different resolution settings, but I can’t get it to work. Would anyone be willing to take a look at what I have done and tell me where I am going wrong. I am working in Access 2000. This is my first project in Access.

R

Rich

There have been many posts here regarding resolution, if you search here I'm sure you'll find several answers.

deadman

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Rich, but the archives here is where I found the article mentioned in the first place. I have read every post that included the word "resolution". I supposedly have the correct code but don't know if I am calling it correctly from the form.

R

Rich

First statement
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Dim rctOriginal As adhTypeRect

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
Call adhScaleForm(Me, 800, 585, 96, 96, rctOriginal)

End Sub

800,585 refers to a resolution of 800*600 change the numbers to reflect the resolution your db was designed on.
HTH

deadman

Registered User.
Local time
I appreciate your help and if the solution was/is in the archive and I just didn't find it, I apologize.

I have the following code in my form. When I run the compiler, it comes back with the error "User defined type not defined" and highlights "rctOriginal As adhTypeRect"

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Dim rctOriginal As adhTypeRect

Private Sub Form_Activate()

DoCmd.Restore

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)

Call adhScaleForm(Me, 1024, 768, 96, 96, rctOriginal)
DoCmd.Restore
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

End Sub

Did you maybe make a typo on the "adhTypeRect" part and I just don't know enough to know what you meant?

R

Rich

You have to have the function adhTypeRect in your modules section, do you have this?

deadman

Registered User.
Local time
Rich,
No would be the answer to your question but it looks like I owe you an apology. Apparently when I searched the archives, I must have had a particular forum selected to search in or something because it only resulted in 7 or 8 hits. I went back and searched again and made sure to search the whole site and got back 95 hits. Give me time to wade through these before we take this any further. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom