Ron H

ronwh1

Local time
Today, 13:52
I have been programming Access databases since 1997. I recently placed a backend of our Travel Database into Dataverse. Everything works well except when I add another record to the detail, the previous record disappears. But it is save because when we go back into the Main form it is there. Anyone have any experience with Access and Dataverse?
1714491131751.png

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 14:52
Welcome aboard!
I personally do not have any experience with Dataverse, but one of our members has dabbled or at least KNOWS someone who has. @GPGeorge may or may not visit the "Introduce Yourself" forum so I tagged him just in case.

ronwh1

Local time
Today, 13:52
Welcome aboard!
I personally do not have any experience with Dataverse, but one of our members has dabbled or at least KNOWS someone who has. @GPGeorge may or may not visit the "Introduce Yourself" forum so I tagged him just in case.
Thanks
Ron

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:52
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Would you like us to move your thread out of the Introduction forum?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Done. For now, I just moved it to the General forum. Let us know if you want it in a specific forum. Please feel free to introduce yourself again in the Intro forum. Good luck!

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Thanks
Ron
I know very little about Dataverse, but I have used it once or twice. Probably the most knowledgeable person I know is Maria Barnes, although she's not a participant here. I can ask her when she gets back home. I believe she's traveling at the moment.

What that looks most likely to be is a refresh problem in the form, but it's not something I've experienced in the limited use I have made of Dataverse.

If you navigate back to that first record, which appears to be blank in the screenshot, does it refresh?
The other thing that occurs to me is that this appears to be in a subform. I wonder if the Master/Child linking fields are correctly linking the Primary and Foreign Keys. Do the records show up after the form is closed and reopened?

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Maria responded to your question:

When I try to add a new row in the subform, the line(s) above it blank out. If I complete the entry and click on the row above or tab out of this line to go to the line below, the line(s) show data again. Adding more rows does not appear to blank out data, just the first new add.
I have confirmed that this does not happen for non-Dataverse tables. I tried both local tables and a linked (to SQL) table and this was not the same behavior.

I suggest you report to him that I can duplicate this and that I think it is a bug which I will report to Microsoft. I will let you know if I hear anything back from them. In the meantime, it appears to be like you said, a temporary display problem so the user should be warned and advised to ignore as the line(s) should magically reappear as the row is completed and the user moves to a new or existing row.

So, thanks for reporting this and for being patient.

Last edited:

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Maria responded to your question:

When I try to add a new row in the subform, the line(s) above it blank out. If I complete the entry and click on the row above or tab out of this line to go to the line below, the line(s) show data again. Adding more rows does not appear to blank out data, just the first new add.

So, thanks for reporting this and for being patient.
Maria has heard back from the Access team at Microsoft. They have added this to their list of items to be investigated.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 14:52
Well Ron, I'll bet you never dreamed you would become Patient Zero when you posted that question, did you??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom