run reports without printing them (1 Viewer)

y2k

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:32
I've searched this forum, but I can't seem to find the answer. I have an three macros - one called queries runs a load of queries. another called reports, prints some reports, after the queries have run. I have a third - AutoExec which runs the queries macro, then runs the reports macro. The database is scheduled to open each morning and the autoexec kicks in - so it never requires any manaul intervention. The reports are on the printer when we arrive into work.

sometimes, I have to make some changes to the actual criteria for the queries. I may have to add a new query, or delete one and possibly add a new report or delete one. Each time I do this I run the queries macro just in case I missed anything - to make sure that it'll run properly the next morning. However, I don't want to run the reports macro as there are quiet alot of them, and it'd be an awful waste of paper! is there anyway that I can run this macro without actually printing the reports? I know I'd have to create another macro, that wouldn't be a problem, and I'm resolved to the fact that I'd probably have to use some VBA - can anybody help me out here though?

bradcccs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:32
Personally, I do not use macros (prefer coding) but:

I gather you are using the openreport action within the macro.

If you change the "view" property from "Print" to "PrintPreview" in the macro, then the output is to the screen, and not printer.

HTH

Brad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom