Running Balance (1 Viewer)

mags

Local time
Today, 08:26
Can anyone please help?

I need to have a running balance for each customer, so i need it to minus the balance with a withdrawal and increase the balance with a deposit leaving the account with a total balance.

Can anyone explain or show me how to do this?

Many thanks

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:26
Hi,

you can use the SUM function in a query.

Nidge

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
You can easily display running sums in a report. Have a look at this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/205183

If you still insist on doing it in a query, then this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290136

If you are not happy with the flaw in the solution explained in the second url, then search this forum for running sum. It's not easily done in a query.

ColinGila

Local time
Today, 18:26
HI

Can anyone help me with access 2013, I'm new here so my skills are basic... i have edited a form from a previous version of access which i have downloaded as template on ms access template.... i have attached it so you can see where did i go wrong, so all i need is to get the "Total Balance" e.g like calculator when you subtract R1000 - R400 = R600 and minus R300 = R300 etc. basically i have one table(client) one query1 and on the form i want to run a calculator on the:
Amount
Paid
Current Balance
Total Balance.

The Total Balance has to act like a normal calclulator (add/Subtract/Divide/Multiply)

so can you send me the formula to run the calculator of Total Balance field.
also if have to create a query please advise how to do so as i have no idea how to crease one.

Thank You

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    269.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

ColinGila

Local time
Today, 18:26
Can anyone please help?

I need to have a running balance for each customer, so i need it to minus the balance with a withdrawal and increase the balance with a deposit leaving the account with a total balance.

Can anyone explain or show me how to do this?

Many thanks

Hi Mags

i think we have the same problem..... find the attach and let me know if you can find someone who can also help me with the problem i have attached to you

Thank You

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    269.1 KB · Views: 110

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It depends.

On a report, a running balance is easy, because a report is sequential, and static

On a form, or in a query, a running balance is very hard, because databases are not really designed to provide running balances, just overall totals. The underlying issue is "what happens to the running balance if the sort order changes, or if I apply a filter. "

So the real question is often - How can I provide the information without needing a running balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom