Shootings in US schools (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 04:54
Brianwarnock said:
Its not owning guns that's the problem, its carrying them outside of your own home. What is needed is strong stop and search laws and anybody carrying a gun outside their home has both index fingures cut off, and if that doesn't work continue till all are gone.

Brian

I'm sorry Brian, I thought it was on par with my dungeon post. I don’t think Westerners will accept dismemberment.

Worley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:54
Rich said:
Hey Wooley, how about you stop the sale of guns to any Tom, Dick or Harry at fairs to start with.

So, this was your attempt at constructive criticism? It's all in the delivery. You start out by butchering my name yet again, and yet you want people to take you seriously?

Worley

Registered User.
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:
Don't get this bit? :confused:
Sorry, that was supposed to be the prison number, indicating that since he was blind, that he wandered into traffic and was tragically squished.

Worley

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Its not owning guns that's the problem, its carrying them outside of your own home. What is needed is strong stop and search laws and anybody carrying a gun outside their home has both index fingures cut off, and if that doesn't work continue till all are gone.

Brian
Sounds like it could work, but like JSanders said, it would never make it into the lawbooks. I think almost rediculous punishment for violent crime would work, but wouldn't go over well just for possession. Civilian private eyes and high level security officers would complain. Maybe have much more strict permit requirements and if you ever are convicted of a serious violent crime, you have to pay child support for an orphan till they become 18. I know the two have nothing to do with one another, but I bet it would work, lol. Random idea, I know it would never go over, and thats probably a good thing, but there has to be a way we can use these stupid violent people to benefit society in some way. A two bird with one stone type thing.

ATTN: Now that the discussion has turned serious (finally), I am actually wanting to read and post for other reasons that to help JSanders make Rich drink...however, I am going on a ski trip for Dec.3rd-10th, and so I won't be reading or posting for a week. Just so you don't think I abandoned you, lol. Take care guys, have a great week! I know two people who will (besides me). :p

Worley

R

Rich

Worley said:
So, this was your attempt at constructive criticism? It's all in the delivery. You start out by butchering my name yet again, and yet you want people to take you seriously?
Hey wooley, how did you decide that my post was criticism?:confused:
oops, silly me, I made a typo, call out the swat team

Last edited:

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 18:24
scott-atkinson said:
you are much stricter on child sex offenders than we are, we pander with the idea that these people can be cured. Which in my mind is rubbish. I am hetrosexual, I am not going to have counselling and become homosexual, you get my point.
Are you saying that homosexuals = child sex offenders?
I think if you look at the statistics, you'll find most are hetero.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adeptus, I won't speak for scott-atkinson, but my interpretation of that comment was not that he was associating child sex offenders with homosexuals, but rather saying that someone's sexual orientation (what "turns them on") can not be changed by counseling.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 09:54
Adeptus said:
Are you saying that homosexuals = child sex offenders?
I think if you look at the statistics, you'll find most are hetero.

I was not in anyway suggesting that Homosexuals are responsible for child molestation. My point was that you cannot change sexual preferences through counselling, it is the way that you are and no amount of counselling will change that.

Hope that explains it better.:eek:

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 09:54
Guys,

What ever happened to Anglo relations?

The US and UK are the epitimy of freedom of speech, yes we can rant and rave at each other and say who is best, but at the end of the day we all live on the same piece of rock floating somewhere out there in space. Lets try to get on eh!

We were discussing sex offences, I was discussing how I feel that this is handled better in the US, my reasoniong behind this was the fact that you have a public sex offenders register so that parents can have the right to know if a sex offender is living in there area. In the UK we do not have that right, we do not know if that person living down the street has the potential to cause harm to our children. That I feel is wrong.
Our Government's excuse for this lack of public tracability is that it has the potential to cause retribution and vigulante attacks on these people.
In some ways I can see there point, but what evidence is there in the US to say that happens, none I think, (please feel free to correct me my american friends), the UK justice system is set in such away that the criminals rights take precidence over the victim, that is due to the Uk signing the Barmy Euro Human Rights bill, don't get me wrong I am all for human rights, but if somebody decides to commit a crime against another persons human rights then theres should be revoked.

What do you all think, are mine the ramblings of the insane English man who has had tom many Pimms or do I talk some kind of sense?

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:54
Brianwarnock said:

Brian

I'd go along with this idea. Perhaps not the amputation bit - because it then falls to the state to look after the people who've been mutilated (I had the same conversation back in Uni, when I suggested that paedophiles should be crippled) - but automatic jail time, definitely.

It wouldn't work everywhere, however, since certain groups - be they ethnic, economic or geographically decided - are more likely to be carrying illegal weapons and so are more likely to be stopped and searched. You'd immediately get the civil rights crowd objecting to 'profiling' and the powers that be would cave, as they always do.

R

Rich

scott-atkinson said:
Guys,

We were discussing sex offences, I was discussing how I feel that this is handled better in the US, my reasoniong behind this was the fact that you have a public sex offenders register so that parents can have the right to know if a sex offender is living in there area. In the UK we do not have that right, we do not know if that person living down the street has the potential to cause harm to our children.

Damn, this is something we can't blame the Yanks for:mad:

Here's what happens when the bingo brigade are whipped into mass hysteria by a Sunday rag clutching at fear to increase it's circulation

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2503825.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/908761.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/869964.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/848737.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/872010.stm

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:54
on Richs links for the paedophiles. WTF 14 years in prison for 26 counts of ra** of a minor? I am sorry this person should be castrated in the most gruesome and painful way possible. if ANYONE were to touch or assault my child even once they would spend the rest of their short a** life in horrible agony. oops I think I just made us Americans look blood thirsty again. oh well when it comes to my child I will do anything to protect him.

And Rich did you read that article you posted for Worley on the school stuff? It stated that the trend over the last 15 years was a declining one with a slight increase lately. it also said that reports of violence against school age persons was lower than in 2003.

Quote:
The study notes that four of every 1,000 students in 2004 reported being the victim of violent crimes — compared with six of every 1,000 in 2003.
/Quote

R

Rich

KalelGmoon said:
on Richs links for the paedophiles. WTF 14 years in prison for 26 counts of ra** of a minor? I am sorry this person should be castrated in the most gruesome and painful way possible. if ANYONE were to touch or assault my child even once they would spend the rest of their short a** life in horrible agony. oops I think I just made us Americans look blood thirsty again. oh well when it comes to my child I will do anything to protect him.
Castrating paedophilles has been proven to not work and in any case since women can also be one and the same how would castration work for them?

And Rich did you read that article you posted for Worley on the school stuff? It stated that the trend over the last 15 years was a declining one with a slight increase lately. it also said that reports of violence against school age persons was lower than in 2003.

although it has increased lately.

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:54
Rich said:
Castrating paedophilles has been proven to not work and in any case since women can also be one and the same how would castration work for them?

Women can be castrated as well, but I am not going to go into that. I am just of the opinion that something more needs to be done. especially when a person gets 14 years for 26 counts of ra**. that in my opinion is rediculous and the judge in question should be ashamed of himself.

again all my own opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom