Shootings in US schools (4 Viewers)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 12:29
KenHigg said:
And perhaps it escaped your attention that I said 'any further'...:rolleyes:
I thought Josie did a post somewhere where he said it didn't bother him, as its not malicious name calling, more terms of affection. In fact, Josie is one of those few Americans here you can have a decent conversation with.

It only seems to be you KennyBoy that gets out of your pram about it, but I suppose you have a personal interest in it somewhere along the line.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 07:29
ColinEssex said:
I thought Josie did a post somewhere where he said it didn't bother him, as its not malicious name calling, more terms of affection. In fact, Josie is one of those few Americans here you can have a decent conversation with.

It only seems to be you KennyBoy that gets out of your pram about it, but I suppose you have a personal interest in it somewhere along the line.

Col

Not to worry, I'll just drop it - Should be about home time for you huh? Ride the motorbike in today?

Worley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:29
ColinEssex said:
so why not call them wasps? why do you always have to change the name of everything?

Col

Two things...
1. We call them by different names to keep from generalizing all of them together. We try not to stereotype our wasps, lol.
2. Changing names? Ask Rich, hes the one with the hard-on for name changing.

I guess the same reasons as anyone. Every culture has different words for different things. It makes things interesting. In fact, no joke: while I was off skiing, a wounded british gent (nice guy, by the way, we talked for almost an hour) said something along the lines of:
"I got snogged(?) by this fit bird..I mean she was a fit bird." I took that to mean either he got drunk with an attractive lady, or he bedded her, lol. He was absolutely hilarious, and we had a lot more in common than I would have assumed, besides being hurt in Iraq. Anyhow, if someone could clarify that statement, I would stop laughing every time I thought about it. I guess I could look it up, but whats the fun in that?

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
It's obviously escaped your attention, but my post was No 1336, therefore Mr Sanders posted after mine Kenny, so at the time of writing, my post was correct.

Anyway, most Josephine's are called Joe.

Col
I think to avoid any confusion, we should use the name Henrietta

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:29
Worley said:
"I got snogged(?) by this fit bird..I mean she was a fit bird."

If I recall my British (by way of new zealand) slang correctly he said he got kissed by a good looking woman

please let me know if it is different meanings in Britain and New Zealand

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 20:59
jsanders said:
Why add the part about it being substandard?

Quote from the Buffy TV series:
"I just think it's rather odd that a nation that prides itself on its virility should feel compelled to strap on forty pounds of protective gear just in order to play rugby." - Giles (who's British)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
KalelGmoon said:
If I recall my British (by way of new zealand) slang correctly he said he got kissed by a good looking woman

please let me know if it is different meanings in Britain and New Zealand

Snogged is a bit more than just a polite kiss, and fit in this sense is a bit more than good looking, but you have the general idea.:D

Brian

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
I go away for 1 week, and I see that US and UK relations are as they were when I left.

Good to see that nothing changes. :eek:)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
It's obviously escaped your attention, but my post was No 1336, therefore Mr Sanders posted after mine Kenny, so at the time of writing, my post was correct.

Anyway, most Josephine's are called Joe.

Col
Actually I think they are called Jo.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
jsanders said:
Actually I think they are called Jo.
If they're American they usually have those funny hyphenated forenames like Mary-Jo, Billy-Jo etc.

Don't most US teenage girls with those funny names want to be cheerleaders?

Col

KenHigg

Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom