Shootings in US schools (5 Viewers)

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:22
...there's a grass about:rolleyes:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

grass - narrow-leaved green herbage: grown as lawns; used as pasture for grazing animals; cut and dried as hay

...ahhh...maybe: (n) an informer, especially a police informer. (v)betray, especially to police. ??

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 12:22
I'm sure the USA will do what is necessary following the killings. We saw the President yesterday being really sincere and I thought it was nice of him to take the time to address the nation.

Col

R

Rich

I'm sure the USA will do what is necessary following the killings. We saw the President yesterday being really sincere Col

Are you taking the pi** or what?:eek: America flatly refuses to do what's correct, always has and always will as long as the NRA has a political voice. In fact it was Bush who made it easier for any jackass to own and conceal a gun. Only when the United States are actually united will the problem be addressed:rolleyes:

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sure the USA will do what is necessary following the killings.
:eek:
We saw the President yesterday being really sincere
:eek: :eek:
and I thought it was nice of him to take the time to address the nation.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 04:22
I have read that to solve the knife problem in the UK - that after low levels talks (Bush and Blair) the UK has decided to allow all its citizens and immigrants with right to remain the right to buy and carry whatever sharpened steel implements thay deem necsessary to protect themselves.

Phew - thanks the lord for a bit of sense to come out of the UK-US alliance.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Guns, knives, and other implements of destruction are nothing more than tools and the crimes are committed by those who wield them. IMHO, even if you remove the tool it does not fix the problem... the individual. Man has risen to his place in the food chain because of inventiveness and problem solving...visit a maximum security prison and find out how deadly a toothbrush can be in the wrong hands.

All you accomplish with weapons bans is change the nature of the weapons that the disturbed and disgruntled will use to hurt each other.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
I bet theres 32 families who would have fancied their loved ones chances against a maniac with a toothbrush.

The case against the US laws on guns rests at that point. They are rediculous.

Last edited:

EdFred

knows enough, dangerous
Local time
I own three guns. None have them have ever killed anyone. Well, one propably did - it's a WWI rifle.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Cho Seung-hui owned a toothbrush, and two guns - his toothbrush killed noone either!

EdFred

knows enough, dangerous
Local time
Neither did his guns. He did. A gun (or a toothbrush) can sit on a table for 5,000 years and never harm a soul until a person decides to take actions. I find it humourous that people blame inanimate objects as if the object has some sort of sentience which allows it to wander the streets at night looking for unsuspecting prey.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Neither did his guns.

If 32 were manually strangled you would have a valid point.

To be honest its not my problem - if you feel safer with every nutter having a gun thats up to you. I feel safer with every nutter having a toothbrush and no gun.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 06:22
Neither did his guns. He did. A gun (or a toothbrush) can sit on a table for 5,000 years and never harm a soul until a person decides to take actions. I find it humourous that people blame inanimate objects as if the object has some sort of sentience which allows it to wander the streets at night looking for unsuspecting prey.

You're fighting a losing battle on this one. Some people don't understand the difference, or they missed the point in Bodi's post about human inventiveness, choosing instead to focus in on the toothbrush thing. Maybe a gun ban would make mass killings a little more rare, but unfortunately it doesn't take away people's intent to do harm. As Bodi said before, someone really determined will find a way. Sad but true. :(

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
You're fighting a losing battle on this one. Some people don't understand the difference, or they missed the point in Bodi's post about human inventiveness, choosing instead to focus in on the toothbrush thing. Maybe a gun ban would make mass killings a little more rare, but unfortunately it doesn't take away people's intent to do harm. As Bodi said before, someone really determined will find a way. Sad but true.

I struggle to imagine him inventing anything were he would have killed 32 people. (Maybe an electric toothbrush?) He had a few hours from his first murderous intent to killing himself.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
I struggle to imagine him inventing anything were he would have killed 32 people...
Why imagine? Correct me if I'm wrong but during the unfortunate explosions in the London subway, no guns were used (or toothbrushes) and at least 52 died. :(

Newman

Québécois
Local time
I hope that if someone wants to kill me it will be with a knife (or toothbrush;)). The point is that you cannot kill 32 with a knife, at least not at once. Someone would have make him loose it and the number of death would have been a lot lower. What can someone do against a gun killer? You can't throw a punch at someone 10 feet away armed with a gun, but you may be able to do so against someone 2 feet away with a knife.

I understand your point of view about the right to have a gun. But it shouldn't be for everyone. My uncle doesn't have the right to drive a car because they caught him drunk at the wheel. Why can't they make psychologic tests to those asking for guns.

I am not against guns, I am against giving them to anybody without proper inspections. Having a green card, that guy didn't have the right to vote, but had the right to buy a gun? I think something is wrong there. And it was proven that the police had arrested that guy earlier for harassing two girls and a teacher. Why didn't they take its guns away from him?

R

Rich

The gun is designed with one purpose in mind, to kill, as for explosives on the tube, they are a great deal more difficult to get hold of than a gun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom