Size of Spreadsheet (1 Viewer)

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:07
I have a spreadsheet that I am using for a template. The template has two pretty simple macros and a handful of formulas. Since this is a template, there is no data in the spreadsheet. However, the size of the spreadsheet is about 28MB. I don't understand why the spreadsheet is so large, nor do I know how to reduce the file size. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to attach the spreadsheet for you to see, but I can't get it down to a size that the forum will allow.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 07:07
That just anin't right! Almost sounds like a binary image is stuck in it somewhere.
Open up a brand new Excel Workbook and name it so it allows macros.
Check its size. A long time ago, there was a macro virus that didn't delete Excel, it made them so large instead. I haven't seen that since Windows 95. It was horrible on 250 MB hard drives!

With the blank one, import the external worksheets one at a time and then the macros.
Keep an eye on the size of course.
Let me know how this goes.
This sounds interesting!

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:07
That worked great. I created a brand new spreadsheet and just imported the macros and the tabs. The new file is only 400 KB.

Thank you for your help.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 07:07
Oh snap! I was hoping it would be something challenging!
Like some binary file in one of the photo objects, with encrypted usernames and passwords to offshore nefarious bank accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom