Slow Connection to SharePoint (1 Viewer)

LadyDi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:55
I currently have my database linked to a page in SharePoint. Some of my teammates are complaining that the database is very sluggish in connecting to SharePoint. Is there any way to speed up that connection?

Would it be possible to update the database from SharePoint when the database first opens and then cut the connection so that the database will perform faster?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:55
it could be a number of things - slow connection, connection shared with too many users, insufficient indexing, trying to return more than about 5k records and inefficient queries/forms all immediately spring to mind.

With regards updating a local db you then have the issue of updating sharepoint again. Not saying it can't be done, but a lot of work and your issue is with connecting to sharepoint - downloading the data isn't going to speed up that initial connection.

I don't use sharepoint but is each user maintaining a persistent connection? Not doing so can also make the app slow.

This link is about upsizing to sql server for performance reasons - most will apply in your case to check out

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=291269

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom