Solved Steps to reDock immediate window (1 Viewer)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:36
Started this morning and my immediate window is floating. I tried clicking at the header/ top of immediate window, but it did not dock. It moved the immediate window full width at top of screen??? The immediate window is dockable when selecting options and when right click within the immediate window??
How do you redock a floating immediate window.

Local time
Today, 04:36
I was in that situation many times. I solved it by undocking all windows and redocking them one by one. I found out the pattern and the docking areas more easily with that. IIRC, if you want to dock 2 windows to the left, you dock the lower window first then the upper window. If you want to dock 2 windows to the bottom, you dock the right most first, then the leftmost.
I don't remember well, but undocking everything was enlightening of the counter intuitive pattern you need to follow, you don't directly dock windows, you dock and push.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:36
I asked Chat

1688140769071.png

Local time
Today, 04:36
Here's two ways I like to dock my windows. Notice the dotted window changes right before I let go, it's how I know where it will be positioned. If you double click on the window, it goes back to its previous state.
I hope the quality isn't butchered or I get copyright strikes for this.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Been away to city --dentist, shopping. Reviewing the responses. Nothing seems to work.

For years I have had Project(Top) and Properties(below) on left side/ Code then Immediate, Locals and watch Horizontal on right side of screen -one below the other. Could remove and restore and redock if necessary by double clicking in title bar of the window.
Unsure how this started first thing this morning, but removing and restoring immediate and double clicking title sends the immediate to the top, full width??

I have reviewed the responses and couldn't get things to work. Watched 561414's VBA1 video several times, and finally have the set up I am familiar with. I know I used to double click in the window title to redock, but I guess something has changed.

I found the chatGPT answer hard to follow, I got no docking guides etc.

Thanks all for the responses and especially 561414 for the video. (y)

Josef P.

Local time
Today, 11:36
Maybe turning the docking option off and on will help.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:36
Strangely I've had exactly the same issue with M365 version 2306 over the past two days.
All my attempts to undock & redock the VBE project explorer and code window have failed.
The immediate, locals & watch windows all got redocked fine in my case.

Repairing Office didn't help fix the VBE so I'm now using MS SARA to remove Office completely before reinstalling.
That utility has been running for an hour so far ....hopefully that will fix it when I reinstall

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I tried going to options and turned docking off on each, then turned each on. Had no effect.
After watching the video VBA1, I fought with the docking for several attempts. I reduced each window to match what 561414 had. After several tries, I got Project and Properties docked left, then got Immediate and Locals and Code on the right.

I am using Version 2305(Build 16501.20228 C2R). I have lost docking from time to time in the past, but the solution was to double click in the title bar of the window/involved.

This is what I have now. Seems to be what I had before. Have no idea what happened to cause the undocking or why the double click didn't work..

Attachments

• 2023-07-01 07_37_06-Greenshot.png
    2023-07-01 07_37_06-Greenshot.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 51

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:36
After 2 hours uninstalling then reinstalling M365 to no avail,, I finally got my VBE layout fixed myself.

In my case, it turns out the problem was self inflicted.
I'd been using code to minimize the VBE whilst I was looping through all objects in an external db.
Turns out it had an unintended side effect

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom