Subreport Borders Cover Text (1 Viewer)

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:06
I have several reports that include subreports in them, each one has a bold border surrounding it. When viewing the reports in Access, the spacing and layout is great.

But when I print the reports--either physically or to PDF--the text within the subreports somehow shifts left and up. Some of the subreports--by virtue of chance--happen to have enough extra space, but others don't and part of the text gets clipped by the border.

It's not all that bad, everything is still readable, just annoying, which is why I haven't done anything about it. Does anyone know why this happens? I'm not exactly motivated to go through the reports and readjust the layout for each one but if there's a database setting that I can change to correct it that would be nice.

I've attached a screenshot (where the layout is perfect) and a printed PDF (where the text is clipped) of one of the reports. The issue can best be seen in the Public/Private ZooMobile and Indoor/Outdoor ZooMobile subreports.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Report Screen Shot.jpg
    Report Screen Shot.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Program Distributions Report 2014.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 81

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:06
What happen if you move the two, (Public/Private ZooMobile and Indoor/Outdoor ZooMobile), on it's own line?

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
What do you mean by on its own line?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:06
Look at the attachment.

Attachments

• Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 79

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, I see what you mean. No, unfortunately that won't change anything. The issue is within the subreports, not where they are located in the main report.

The same issue occurs in other subreports that are located to the far left as well. If you look close at the text within the other subreports in the PDF you'll notice that it is flush with the left border, but in the screenshot there is some space between the left border and where the text begins.

In the Public/Private and Indoor/Outdoor subreports there happened to be less space and so the text gets clipped by the border.

Basically what happens is that when printed, the content of the subreports is pushed a few pixels left for some reason. In some subreports that I created there is enough space that the text isn't obscured by the borders. But in some the texts gets clipped a bit.

I could go into each of these subreports and manually shift everything a few pixels to the right. That should solve the issue, I'm just not very motivated to do it because I'd have to do that in about 15 different small subreports. I just posted an example of when it occurs.

I'm mostly just confused as to why it's happening.

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
Now that I think about it it's probably easier for me to just adjust every subreport rather than waste people's time.

So if anyone knows why it's happening, please let me know, otherwise don't worry about it.

Thanks for the help, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom