Sum a calculated field in a subform (1 Viewer)

kenb214

Local time
Today, 13:59
Hi,

I am relatively new to access. I am using Access 2003.

My problem is that I have a customer invoice form (which works fine). It calculates the invoice total from a subform (based on a query) which has individual calculated job prices on it (multiple job prices on any invoice).

What I now would like to do is produce a customer statement which will have the customer name & Id etc but like the invoice have a subform which lists all of the invoices which have been generated (Invoice No, Invoice Total, Invoice Date etc).

My problem is generating the invoice total in this customer statement form - I can get all the rest of the details but because this subform uses other info from another query (The Job Price) the customer statement displays #Error when I open the form. This then means that another calculation I would like to do (calculate an overall customer balance).

Any help/advice with this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ken

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
The Order form in the Northwind sample DB gives a running total of the order to date. This should give you what you are looking for

kenb214

Local time
Hi,

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately my problem is different to that of the northwind example.

I can generate an overall running total - my problem is only displaying the overall info relating to the invoice (not only the job info).

Regards,

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom