Super Bowl - National Anthem (1 Viewer)

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 11:22
Send them to the Super Bowl and have them sing it.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Love my country, hate my government...they have been on the take since John Adams's term...

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:22
I've never understood why we need the military involved with the NFL or the national anthem. Keep sports separate from these other issues, sports are supposed to be an escape from politics and government nonsense.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't care if they don't play the Star Spangled Banner at the start of sports games but the national anthem is the song for ALL Americans. Playing a "black" anthem is racist and exclusionary and if I were going to watch the game, that would cause me to boycott it. How stupid and ignorant people are never ceases to amaze me. Why you would ever want to cause this kind of controversy over an unnecessary part of a game is beyond me. If you don't want to play the anthem, don't play it. But you don't get to substitute an anthem for "some but not all " of the people. That is just plan insulting and racist.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Is that the intention then, to play an alternative National Anthem?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yeah, I did a little research and it appears they did it last year as well. Oh well, if enough people are outraged enough, the lack of $$ will show them the error of their ways.

I doubt it, otherwise I would have heard about the decline of sales, attendance, etc.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The super bowl is the "super bowl" and not many fans are willing to give it up, unlike the Oscars and other woke awards shows which have been hurt by going woke.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I've never understood why we need the military involved with the NFL or the national anthem. Keep sports separate from these other issues, sports are supposed to be an escape from politics and government nonsense.
That's a good point but I would say either sing the right song or just like you said don't sing it at all

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:22
I think this guy is right, there can only be one national anthem.

However I would say that with the large influx of Muslims into the United States, it won't be very long, probably one or two generations and the Muslim population will be larger than the current traditional American population. This will probably result in the changing of the national anthem to something that falls more in line with the Muslim ideals...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I think this guy is right, there can only be one national anthem.

However I would say that with the large influx of Muslims into the United States, it won't be very long, probably one or two generations and the Muslim population will be larger than the current traditional American population. This will probably result in the changing of the national anthem to something that falls more in line with the Muslim ideals...

I won't be watching but it's not out of protest to any particular anthem. It's just because football is boring as hell and is constituted of 3 seconds of activity and then 10 minutes of old men talking about it.

For real ball action combined with actual athletes people who are in athletic shape, try soccer!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:22
Is the Super Bowl the same as the 'World Series' where only two countries take part?
Col

Mike Krailo

Local time
Is that the intention then, to play an alternative National Anthem?
If you take the National Anthem away, there is a void that will be filled with something else which leads to chaos and controversy once again. The worst thing is how much money people pay for a ticked prior to even finding out about the stunt.

I will watch it though, just because there is nothing else interesting on and I would like to see Christian McCaffrey have a good game for the 9'ers (not my team). He was the main reason that the Panthers had a good team in the past, but now he is on the 9'ers. Plus it's fun to watch all the multi-million dollar commercials that are debuted during the game.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Well, I may have missed it since we were frying up some breaded mushrooms and fish, but I seen the national anthem and did not see any other anthem. It's possible I missed it because of the cooking. The best commercial so far is the State Farm commercial with Arnold Schwarzenegger using his "neighba" pronunciation to sell the insurance. I think that was a wisely made commercial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom