Tab Control in a Tab Control (1 Viewer)

Scottigus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:38
Now...here is my goal and I have no clue how to even begin...

I started with the Microsoft Access 2007 Template for Faculty. It comes with Tab Controls as I have heard they are called. I have changed some fields, added some fields so it is customized for my work.

The person who wants the program asked me for this, so I guess I would need help on how to do this...

He is the HR (Human Resource) man, and he wants to be able to store reviews in his Program. I can only think of 1 way of making it look nice and working, and I don't even know if it WOULD work. But I have a Tab Control Page that is set for "Review". In that Tab Control, I would want to place ANOTHER Tab Control, where it would pull up the employee's name, employee number, last review score, etc. etc. The problem I run into there is that for the same employee, he would want multiple Reviews. Now, I could make hundreds of fields and link them all, but is there an easier way?

I guess that is the background, so my questions are as followed...

1) Can you and how do you do a Tab Control (Pages) Inside another Tab Control?

2) How would you create a field that you could scroll through and have different reviews..(Such as, it would be in descending order of last review, so lets say he has done 10 reviews, Review 10 would show first. Clicking on the arrow would bring him to review 9, then 8, then 7, etc. etc)

Any help on this subject would be greatly....GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you,

Scott

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 15:38
I don't mean to be brash but in regard to the tab control question have you even tried it on your own to see if it's possible?

Scottigus

Registered User.
Local time
Yes. The thing is, I am not even sure how Tab Controls work. Again, I used the Access Template "Faculty" And it comes with it already made. I just know how to manipulate the stuff. That is why I am asking. :rolleyes:

And no worries, you were not to brash. I understand that you probably think I am just wanting you guys to do this for me or something. That is not it at all. I would not know where to begin. I have read some help files, but you guys seem very very helpful, and I'm not good at learning from help files.

Thanks,

Scott

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 15:38
No problem - I was just envisioning a starting point something like: 'Create a form then you put a tab control on it the you try to put a tab control on the first one'.

Yeah, some help files are hard to follow :)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
To put another tab control on a tab control you have to use a subform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom