Table - Data Type Problem (1 Viewer)

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:38
I am attempting to add text in a table that is too lengthly for a text field... I have changed the data type to memo and am still having my text cut off after 255 characters. I notice that memo is available to 65,000+ characters but mentions something about DOA. Can someone provide help with information that will allow me to input as many characters as I want?

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Delete the field from the form. Close and save the form. Reopen the form. Drag tthe memo field form the Field List and see it this fixes your problem.

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
Here's the way I added the memo field: Opened the table in design view, added the Field Name & then changed the field type to Memo from the drop down list. I then go to view and attempt to type in the info & it is cut off after 255 characters.
How do I drag the memo field from the list?

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
In your table change the Data Type to Memo if you have not already done so. Save and close the table. Open the form in design view. Delete the field that you want as the memo field. Save and close the form. Open the form and click on the Field List icon on the tool bar. Find you Memo field. Drag it to your form and drop it where you want it. Now it should work....

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 00:38
Jack, how typically Windows....

If it doesn't work, roll down all the Windows, get out of the car, walk around it, get back in, and roll your Windows back up.
Can you imagine if our vehicles, or any other industry, ran this way?

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
David -

Isn't that what you do with your car windows? When my truck doesn't start that is what I do and danged if it doesn't start! Toyota took a lesson from Microsoft...or maybe Micrsoft owns Toyota, God forbid!

Jack

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
Jack, thanks for the help... this fixed my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom