That More Like It (1 Viewer)

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:14
That's More Like It

My New 32 Inch Sony Widescreen TV

Let me take a picture of it with my new MP3/Camera Mobile phone and post it on the Forum.... :D

Last edited:

Ukraine82

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:14
No flat tv or flat screen?

Come on your 32 Inch Sony Widescreen TV is old school style now. :p

I actually wanted to buy me a projecter screen but I really don't know much about it. How great would that be playing a video game or watching movies on a 72 + screen?

Even better 72 + screen and 7:1 Dolby Surround Sound.

Michael

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
32 Inch was the biggest size we could fit into our living room... :D

we were watching a portable tv before that and it felt like we were in a movie theatre when we switched it on for the first time.

It also has a digital tuner so we can watch all the free view channels that we get in the UK.

Did I mention my DVD Recorder with Hard drive?

Now that's a great invention.. :cool:

Ukraine82

Registered User.
Local time
Groundrush said:
we were watching a portable tv before that and it felt like we were in a movie theatre when we switched it on for the first time.

First let me ask you how big was the portable tv and another thing how expensive are your gadgets over there.

32 Inch Sony Widescreen TV $3000

8 inch portable tv between $150-$180

I have a 32 Inch Sony Flat Screen TV for 300$

Michael

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:14
Ukraine82 said:
I actually wanted to buy me a projecter screen but I really don't know much about it. How great would that be playing a video game or watching movies on a 72 + screen?

Had one of those bad boys, had it setup in my study :D way cool, max size was 79". It's superb for movies but to be honest using it for gaming is a bit much you tend to get overwhelmed and for fps games a bit nauseous.

If you do ever get one you remember the lamp does not last forever and even though you can get special paint you can put on the wall for projectors a decent screen makes a world of difference

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Ukraine82 said:
First let me ask you how big was the portable tv and another thing how expensive are your gadgets over there.

32 Inch Sony Widescreen TV $3000

8 inch portable tv between $150-$180

I have a 32 Inch Sony Flat Screen TV for 300$

Michael

Our old portable was a 14 Inch tv.... :eek:

this is the TV I recently bought
Sony KD32DX200

I found that buying these online saved me a bit of money.

yippie_ky_yay

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:14
This is what I bought: Sony Grand WEGA 42" Widescreen Rear-Projection LCD HDTV

It's excellent for tv and movies, the lamp can easily be replaced (drawback of older model projection tvs) and you won't get burn in from games.

As for gaming ...it has it's pros and cons. The screen size is nice but darks are hard to distinguish (a problem in almost all projection tvs). The other issue (for even tube widesceens) is that even though systems like the playstation 2 have a setting for widescreen, not many games were designed to be in that format. You need to look it up and it's not always easy to find (some sites don't mention it at all).

Just thought I'd share some info ...(I researched like crazy before I bought mine).

One final "must go to" link for any Sony product information is Agoraquest. A great resource for any tech problems.

-Sean

Ukraine82

Registered User.
Local time
I was watching some tv show last night about men gadgets. This guy had 17 inch flat tv installed in the bathroom along with a beer fridge in ground cooler. The coolest thing he had was a robot that actually can do almost anything.

His remote controller had a web cam that he can see from the robot eyes. He uses the controller to grab, move, or cleans things.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom