The Lunatics are Now in Charge of the Asylum

Yeah my wife was on unemployment briefly a few years ago, and I was as well, we totally had to pay taxes on it. Stinks.
I remember being so happy when I found out my company was headquartered in CA and I was going to get CA rate instead of AZ. Was more than twice as much.

People receiving Unemployment actually DO pay taxes on it.
The max unemployment benefit is 450/wk -- but rates very down to 40 and they vary by state. Max then is about 23.400. Tax, as you say starts at 0, so the unemployment benefit needs to be declared, however as Doc points out there are various deductions available. If I am not mistaken there is a standard starting deduction available to everyone of some -- $14,000 for a single. $20,800 for head of household, 27,000 for married couples. And that is for starters.

You are assuming that only the unemployed don't pay taxes. Fact not in evidence. It is even possible for the wealthy to not pay taxes if they fit into the right yoopholes.
You understand that i said as a proxy?

@SpaceCowboy
Richy Sunackered spent two months fear mongering. As did Kier Charmless.

But are you just fear mongering about Nigel? Why the anger and attitude from everyone? He's just an MP.
Just watched his press conference and he was interrupted by either actors from Channel 4, or greasy Just Stupid Oilers.
Tiresome.

I just don't get it either CJ. You'd think there would be some balance.
But then again, I've not a clue how the weird system in the USA elects Presidents. But who cares about that in the UK?
same way we should have interupted the german painter a few decades ago.

Fascist Farage and his brown shirt jack boot followers

The max unemployment benefit is 450/wk -- but rates very down to 40 and they vary by state. Max then is about 23.400. Tax, as you say starts at 0, so the unemployment benefit needs to be declared, however as Doc points out there are various deductions available. If I am not mistaken there is a standard starting deduction available to everyone of some -- $14,000 for a single. $20,800 for head of household, 27,000 for married couples. And that is for starters.

Remember not everyone receving u/e is single.

Britain now has Loony Labour as its government.
Seems that the situation is worse than you imagined.
David Lammy, the leftist Labour Party MP from Tottenham who now serves as Sir Keir Starmer’s Foreign Secretary, was confronted on Thursday with his history of harsh criticism of the former and potential future president of the United States.

In 2018, for example, Lammy as a backbencher wrote of Trump: “Trump is not only a woman-hating, neo-Nazi-sympathising sociopath. He is also a profound threat to the international order that has been the foundation of Western progress for so long.”
What is very worrisome is that this may mean an anti-Israeli shift in UK foreign policy. The US has already started moving down the anti-Israeli foreign policy road. Hopefully, for the US, should Trump win, the US can restore its pro-Israel foreign policy.

For those on this forum that are from the UK, what do think of Lammy's impact on UK's foreign policy?

For those on this forum that are from the UK, what do think of Lammy's impact on UK's foreign policy?
Why is no one calling for his resignation? Why would you want someone so ignorant to handle your foreign affairs?

Why is no one calling for his resignation? Why would you want someone so ignorant to handle your foreign affairs?
We have a very weak Prime Minister in Starmer. A sheep with greasy hair. As soon as he is challenged he folds. Which is why Angela Raynor with less ability than a fence post, has progressed. She just shouts, screams and throws herself on the floor if something doesn't suit apparently. He just backs down. Starmer follows the last opinion, which is why he will be a disaster for us internationally. Little wonder people are emigrating in ever increasing numbers. If I was younger I'd be off as well.

It has been suggested that Lammy's USP is pulling the black card. He appears to be keen on diversity as long as everyone is black. A bit like all of the Indian restaurants, where you never see any white employees. Diversity is a one way street in the UK.

I saw a video of leeds yesterday not sure when it was taken, but holy smokes the coppers were in full retreat.

They were! Yesterday. Total chaos today with hundreds of jobsworths stood outside the police tape without a clue how to proceed.

A bit of aggravation and the police all ran away. Last night they were talking about bringing in riot police but apparently they were still on their diversity seminar. The police chief rang up the home secretary Yvette Cooper and asked if they could all go home because they hadn't been trained for this situation and some were worried it may go on longer than their shift. ( I made some/most of that up)

Apparently a Bangladeshi area and maybe the police aren't even allowed to shout at them. I wouldn't be surprised if that was it. Nobody will be prosecuted. If they did we haven't any jails to put them in anyway. So hey-ho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom