The NEW America (1 Viewer)

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:23
The Democrats now promise "A New Direction for America"

The stock market is at a new all-time high and America's 401K's are back. A new direction from there means, what?

Unemployment is at 25 year lows. A new direction from there means, what?

Oil prices are down sharply. A new direction from there means, what?

Taxes are at 20 year lows. A new direction from there means, what?

Federal tax cuts are at all-time highs. A new direction from there means, what?

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year. A new direction from there means. what?

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years. A new direction from there means, what?

Inflation is in check, hovering at 20 year lows. A new direction from there means, what?

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01. A new direction from there means, what?

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced in years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Queda's top dogs are either dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel. A new direction from there means, what?

Several major terrorist attacks already thwarted by US and British Intel, including the recent planned attack involving 10 Jumbo Jets being exploded in mid-air over major US cities in order to celebrate the anniversary of the 9/11/01 attacks. A new direction from there means, what?

Just as President Bush foretold us on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as President Bush said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are arriving from the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading to the United States to wage war on us here. A new direction from there means, what?

Now let me see, do I have this right? I can expect:

• The economy to go South
  • Illegals to go North
  • Taxes to go Up
  • Employment to go Down
  • Terrorism to come In
  • Tax breaks to go Out
  • Social Security to go Away
  • Health Care to go the same way gas prices have gone
  • But what the heck!
I can gain comfort by knowing that Nancy P, Hillory C, John K, Edward K, Howard D, Harry R and Obama have worked hard to create a comprehensive National Security Plan, Health Care Plan, Immigration Reform Plan, Gay Rights Plan, Same Sex Marriage Plan, Abortion On Demand Plan, Tolerance of Everyone and Everything Plan, How to Return all Troops to the U.S. in The Next Six Months Plan, A Get Tough Plan, adapted from the French Plan by the same name and a How Everyone Can Become as Wealthy as We Are Plan.

I forgot the No More Katrina Storm Plan.

Now I know why I feel good after the elections. I am going to be able to sleep so much better at nights knowing these dedicated politicians are thinking of me and my welfare.

Latest Email circulating thingy.
Now as with any of these, there is a grain of truth to it, but also many flaws. I just found it humorous.

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Today, 01:23
Speaking of this, have a article here and will take some text out:

What’s new:

This is the first time in 54 years that the
Democrats have recaptured both the US Senate and
the House of Representatives simultaneously. The
potential impacts on the US economy and financial
markets should not be minimized

Conclusions:

The Democrats are assuming power at
a point in time when the returns to capital are at
historical highs and the rewards to labor are at more
than 40-year lows. There is a good chance that the
pendulum of economic power could swing from capital
back to labor in the years ahead. Look for early
Congressional action on several fronts — increased
minimum wages, tax hikes on the oil industry, and
focus on the excesses of executive compensation. An
intensification of protectionist pressures is also a
distinct possibility.

Market implications:

The movie of the past six years
could start to run in reverse. The stock market could
be adversely affected by the earnings implications of
pro-labor shifts. Reflecting fears of protectionism and
mounting labor cost pressures, the bond market could
be hurt by perceived risks to inflation.

Risks:

Protectionism is the biggest risk.
Congressional intensification of China bashing could hit
the US dollar hard — especially if China responds by
reducing its appetite for dollar-denominated assets.

Yay CANT WAIT!!!!

Attachments

• powershift.pdf
    42.5 KB · Views: 240
R

Rich

FoFa said:
Just as President Bush foretold us on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as President Bush said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are arriving from the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading to the United States to wage war on us here.

The most arrogant and contemptuous post I've read here from an American in some time:mad:

And you wonder why even your allies want nothing more to do with the US and the rest of the world hates you:rolleyes:

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:23
you did read the whole thing didn't you Rich? there is a disclaimer type at the bottom saying basically he did not write it and it is going around in email. he also said some fact a lot of flaws, he just posted it to be humorous.:)

R

Rich

KalelGmoon said:
you did read the whole thing didn't you Rich? there is a disclaimer type at the bottom saying basically he did not write it and it is going around in email. he also said some fact a lot of flaws, he just posted it to be humorous.:)
You'll forgive me I'm sure for not finding the deaths of countless thousands around the world thanks to Uncle Sam as being the least bit humorous:mad:

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 14:53
FoFa said:
Just as President Bush foretold us on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as President Bush said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are arriving from the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading to the United States to wage war on us here.
Oh really, that was the plan all along?
So it wasn't the fictional WMD's, it was shifting the battleground from (potentially) USA to Iraq?

R

Rich

The night those first bombs dropped(remember "Shock and Awe" Cool huh!) I prayed for the discovery of those WMD's. Then I prayed for the link to 9/11. Then I prayed for common sense. It was to late by then.
So many innocent lives killed. destroyed, in the blink of an eye. Why? Where is the link to anything this administration claimed? They have had what, four years now to correct this. And now they want to send even MORE men and women into this quagmire of death and destruction. And for how long? Another four years? maybe five? Six?
No Mr.President, you have had plenty of time. the whole world is screaming for something else to be done. You are choosing not to listen. You are choosing more bombs, more death. You are inviting more terrorism into this and other countrys. Why, because you think you know better? Your arrogance is egregious.
Please, just step away from the podium. Go back to Texas. Haven't you done enough?

Taken from an American blog, what a shame there isn't a great deal more of the same level of intelligence in the U.S.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 06:23
I see that Mr Bush's answer is to send a further 20,000 troops to Iraq. That means at least 500+ will be going to their death. Never to see home or their children again - Nice one George.

The UK (I read yesterday) is due to pull out 5,000 troops from Iraq by May. (odd I can't find a ref for it though)

A question or two - why is the USA so hell bent on changing countries way of life to the "USA way"? why can't the USA just leave people alone?

I think thats what gets up peoples noses - the huge arrogance of the USA to do what it likes and sod everyone else. Then they inevitably screw it up and make things 100 times worse for everyone.

In almost any UK satire show, a guaranteed laugh is about the USA - it seems the USA is totally one big joke here, its always on TV or in the papers, satire about America, Americans, GWB - anything American is a huge joke. Sadly, thousands die for the cause and yet the USA still can't see it.

There was a US anti-war rally on the news last night, only 100 or 2 people turned up, indicating the lack of interest by the US people.

Col

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
There was a US anti-war rally on the news last night, only 100 or 2 people turned up, indicating the lack of interest by the US people.

Col
That's because they're branded as unpatriotic, anti-American, political activists etc by the state and other Americans. I mean Americans are taught from the age of three that only the American state matters and it's unpatriotic to demonstrate against it

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
You'll forgive me I'm sure for not finding the deaths of countless thousands around the world thanks to Uncle Sam as being the least bit humorous:mad:
Just as, I'm certain, we "Yanks" forgive you for the deaths of countless thousands of threads around these forums :rolleyes:

R

Rich

Bodisathva said:
Just as, I'm certain, we "Yanks" forgive you for the deaths of countless thousands of threads around these forums :rolleyes:
Funny how you see intelligent thought as causing "death":rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Bodisathva said:
Nice you equate the innocent deaths of children, families etc as the same as postings on the forum. Just shows how little importance one American puts on human life - you should run for president, he doesn't care how many he kills either

Col

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Funny how you see intelligent thought as causing "death":rolleyes:
...I'll let you know when I see one:rolleyes:

ColinEssex said:
Nice you equate the innocent deaths of children, families etc as the same as postings on the forum. Just shows how little importance one American puts on human life - you should run for president, he doesn't care how many he kills either
That's not what I meant and you f@#$%&g know it. I do not, however, have the inclination to be baited this morning, just to (and I have no clue why I continue to try) point out the tiredness of hearing you two go on and on and on like that little pink bunny that sells the batteries.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Bodisathva said:
...I'll let you know when I see one:rolleyes:

That's not what I meant and you f@#$%&g know it. I do not, however, have the inclination to be baited this morning, just to (and I have no clue why I continue to try) point out the tiredness of hearing you two go on and on and on like that little pink bunny that sells the batteries.

Why are you picking on that poor bunny?

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
Why are you picking on that poor bunny?
Sorry, J.

I figured after slaughtering all those women and children, no one would notice:eek:

R

Rich

Bodisathva said:

Then why post this pile of f&%$£*g crap to start with:rolleyes:
We are equally tired of reading this sh*t!:mad:

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
ColinEssex said:
I see that Mr Bush's answer is to send a further 20,000 troops to Iraq. That means at least 500+ will be going to their death. Never to see home or their children again - Nice one George.

The UK (I read yesterday) is due to pull out 5,000 troops from Iraq by May. (odd I can't find a ref for it though)

A question or two - why is the USA so hell bent on changing countries way of life to the "USA way"? why can't the USA just leave people alone?

I think thats what gets up peoples noses - the huge arrogance of the USA to do what it likes and sod everyone else. Then they inevitably screw it up and make things 100 times worse for everyone.

In almost any UK satire show, a guaranteed laugh is about the USA - it seems the USA is totally one big joke here, its always on TV or in the papers, satire about America, Americans, GWB - anything American is a huge joke. Sadly, thousands die for the cause and yet the USA still can't see it.

Col

Europe is still pretty lost to this idea. This is a problem of terrorists and radical islam. If you think that if the US was not in the Middle East the problem would just vanish? If so then you are incredible mistake and havent taken your own terrorist attacks very serious.

If we dont fight them there...then it will be on our own door steps. You cannot negotiate with terrorists...that is a fundamental rule that is known throughout the world.

Once you do that, then you set yourself up for more terrorists doing bad things and demanding ransoms. You cannot reward bad behaviour with good posturing.

If yo care to remember. Europe tried already to appease the enemy and that lead nowhere. But obviously you dont learn from the past or from mistakes or from history.

"The British and French governments followed a policy of appeasement in order to avoid a new European war. This was partially due to doubts about the willingness of their populations to fight another war so soon after the huge death tolls of the first World War..." Read

You think if we just leave Iraq then the world issues with radical islam and terrorists disapppears? Do you think that had we not gone into Iraq then the problem would be solved? Your mistaken.

This is a idealogy that we are fighting. Similiar to the ideology of Facism and communism. Europe tried to appease the Germans, but that was a waste of time.

The problem is not going away. You cant just sit there and appease everyone. What are you goin to say?

Please dont attack are subways anymore...please? If you dont we will give you money and you can have citizenship? Europes problem is that is has gotten extremely weak. The terrorists love to Terrorize. They know that Europe is weak and is a afraid of war and afraid of confrontation. They know that. They love that. That is what they do.

American on the other hand is one of the few countries that actually puts words into action. They know that if they attack us we are goin to attack them. What did Britain do when the subways were attack? Do they think that is was just a issue locally in that country? That was planned by terrorists and cells in that country if I recall correctly.

Lets not forget we are there because terrorits attacked us. Ask Why?

They had a place to plan, plot and deliver their ideas. The govts of Afghanistan and Iraq allowed this. That is not goin to happen in our books.

That is allowing an enemy to attack from your country via proxy, like Hezbollah does. They do Irans dirty work.

So sitback and hope things get better by negoiating with terrorists and click your heels 3 times and maybe they will just give up. They attacked our buildings from the Middle East...which shows that our vast oceans on both coasts didnt do much.

If these countries had stable strong govts that were democracies...then the problem could almost be eradicated...no more terror attacks, or it would be really really difficult.

What is Britains plan to stop terrorism?

"Those who forget the past are deemed to repeat it"

R

Rich

Jakboi said:
Europe is still pretty lost to this idea. This is a problem of terrorists and radical islam. If you think that if the US was not in the Middle East the problem would just vanish? If so then you are incredible mistake and havent taken your own terrorist attacks very serious.
Where were the terrorists in Iraq when Bush and Bliar decided to invade it?:rolleyes:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Strange that I've never read anywhere of anybody linking terrorists to Iraq before the invasion, infact quite the opposite.
Perhaps you can post links.

Brian

And I think Iraq was a secular society, definitly not a home for radical Islam, even if for the wrong reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom