The Secret Service - fit for purpose? (2 Viewers)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:21
I've just been watching some of the Congressional hearing with the head of the Secret Service, Kimberly Cheatle. The whole thing is a complete waste of time. She just gives pointless answers like, "We are still investigating", "I do not have that information at this time", "We cannot reveal methods", "The FBI is conducting a criminal investigation blah blah". It was pointless having the entire hearing if she is just going to stonewall.

It is all very well saying you have the best protection organsation in the world, but results suggest otherwise.

Considering the Secret Service is supposed to provide no-fail protection to President Trump, and they failed to do that spectacularly, should she resign, and is the Secret Service indeed fit for purpose?

Personally I'm not sure about this common practice of the head of an organization resigning when its inferiors fail at something, but I will say that they need to change and improve! Her resigning may improve nothing, but them improving is paramount

How does this woman have a job?

... is the Secret Service indeed fit for purpose?
To a degree, I would say that that is an incomplete question. The reason for that, is that the president, today, is viewed in a "godlike" manner, who has to be "protected" at all costs. (This applies to anyone occupying the White House. This is Trump/Biden independent). Previous to the Kennedy assassination, the president was more or less viewed as a regular citizen. Since then, the president has increasingly acquired the aura similar to that of a "cult leader" necessitating excessive "protection".

As an additional comment, based on the concepts found in Murphy's laws, there will always be a failure point. So, when the shit does hit the fan, the Secret Service will indeed found not fit for it's purpose. It's inevitable.

Yes, the person who is currently the president requires a degree of protection, but we don't have to eliminate civil liberties and/or establish a police state to "protect" a replaceable person.

I first thought it was a spectacular failure, but heard one thing that puts that in doubt. The Secret Service snipers knew that the building in question was being used as a staging area for local PD and SWAT. There could have been some confusion as to whether the shooter on the roof was a SWAT sniper setting up in a protective position. Not saying that makes it all okay, but it muddies the water.

What an embarassment it will be for our country if Bobblehead wins

I've just been watching some of the Congressional hearing with the head of the Secret Service, Kimberly Cheatle. The whole thing is a complete waste of time. She just gives pointless answers like, "We are still investigating", "I do not have that information at this time", "We cannot reveal methods", "The FBI is conducting a criminal investigation blah blah". It was pointless having the entire hearing if she is just going to stonewall.

It is all very well saying you have the best protection organsation in the world, but results suggest otherwise.

Considering the Secret Service is supposed to provide no-fail protection to President Trump, and they failed to do that spectacularly, should she resign, and is the Secret Service indeed fit for purpose?
She should be fired.

What an embarassment it will be for our country if Bobblehead wins

What a DISASTER it will be for our country if Kamala wins. She's even more extreme than Papa Joe with regard to Progressive Liberalism. We already can't afford what he has been trying to do to give away student loan money and illegal immigrant subsidies. She's worse.

There could have been some confusion as to whether the shooter on the roof was a SWAT sniper setting up in a protective position. Not saying that makes it all okay, but it muddies the water.
I agree. But one shot should have confirmed the man was trying to assasinate Trump and the second bullet should have been the snipper taking him out. It should not have taken 7 shots which killed one and wounded 4 and if Trump hadn't turned his head after the bullet left the rifle, he would be dead today by the first shot. So the confusion would have killed him. It wa unacceptable.

This post does not directly relate relate to the specific role of the Secret Service in protecting the president. It is an extension of my prior post concerning the never ending and increasing need to "protect" the president leading to nonsensical actions.

Today, Biden is scheduled to leave Delaware for Washington DC. He will be doing it by taking Air Force #1. This is massive overkill. The distance between Dover, DE and Washington DC is approximately 100 miles. Reasonable alternatives exist more making this trip. The most obvious, the use of a helicopter. Next, this trip can be accomplished by car in about 2 hours. But, even I would concede that the use of a helicopter would be the better approach since it would provide quick point to point service.

Air Force #1 is the weakest approach since it requires the use of two airports, and motorcading between the originating and destination points from the airports. In terms of time, the use of Air Force #1 may actually exceed the the 2 hours that a road trip would take. I also suspect that the use of Air Force #1 may have more intense security issues that using a helicopter.

Finally, as an editorial dig, the use of Air Force #1 and all the logistics associated with the using Air Force #1, would not be carbon friendly. So here we have a president who claims to be "green" making no effort to use electric (ground) vehicles and will use a "private" carbon spewing jet. Biden, if he really means what he says, should be modifying his behavior to conform to the green policies he pontificates on.

Yes, it was inevitable she would be dismissed so she just threw in the towel. Unfortunately, they have to replace her, and whoever it is will have to play DEI to even be considered. We'll just have to wait for trump to get into office so he can fix it all.

Trump needs to stop talking about Kamala and Joe and talk about his policies and how they compare to that of the "Harris" administration.

There is one hell of a big cover up going on at the Secret Service. During the grilling the head of the Secret Service got during the congressional hearing, she was asked if radio communications are recorded. She said radio communications are recorded. When asked if she has the radio communications of the July 13th assassination attempt, she said she does not have radio communications from that day.

The whole thing makes me sick. How is it these bodies are not held accountable?

Also, some whistleblowers said that Jill Biden had 12 Secret Service staff for her small event of a few hundred people, while Trump only had 3. Are they deliberately trying to increase the risk to him so the Democrats stay in power? After all, the head of the Secret Service is a liberal, recommended by Jill Biden.

Furthermore, a whistleblower has said that a Secret Service agent was supposed to be on the roof, and local police guarding the building. Instead, both lots were inside the building because they wanted aircon on a hot day. Useless!

Personally I'm not sure about this common practice of the head of an organization resigning when its inferiors fail at something, but I will say that they need to change and improve! Her resigning may improve nothing, but them improving is paramount
Symbolic sword falling.

Furthermore, a whistleblower has said that a Secret Service agent was supposed to be on the roof, and local police guarding the building. Instead, both lots were inside the building because they wanted aircon on a hot day. Useless!
This point is probably why the counter snipers hesitated to shoot the shooter before he shot because there was supposed to be a good guy on that roof and they were unsure of the situation. What a huge breakdown of responsibilities and protocol. If that were the case, would you not make sure the authorized person was wearing easily identifiable attire that identified the good guy as a good guy??? You can't have everyone doing their own thing and expect the operation to function well.

There is one hell of a big cover up going on at the Secret Service. During the grilling the head of the Secret Service got during the congressional hearing, she was asked if radio communications are recorded. She said radio communications are recorded. When asked if she has the radio communications of the July 13th assassination attempt, she said she does not have radio communications from that day.

The whole thing makes me sick. How is it these bodies are not held accountable?

Also, some whistleblowers said that Jill Biden had 12 Secret Service staff for her small event of a few hundred people, while Trump only had 3. Are they deliberately trying to increase the risk to him so the Democrats stay in power? After all, the head of the Secret Service is a liberal, recommended by Jill Biden.

The director of the Secret Service went willingly to ABC News for an exclusive interview but had to be subpoenaed to appear in front of Congress where she supplied less information than she did with ABC News. This is a crock and everyone knows it.

All roads lead back to Obama / Biden and their gang of misfits, drain the swamp!

All government bodies and quangos are the same. They are concerned when it all goes wrong but are working hard to fix things and lessons have been learned. You will discover that many of the people involved were no even there at the time and were not told anything anyway.
Then everyone walks out of the meeting and promptly forgets everything. Investigations into government form a sequence of events that has the final effect of giving everyone involved a dose of amnesia. Either that or medication is issued to them all on the final day that has the same effect.
Rest assured everyone this will never happen again.........err, whatever it was, won't happen again anyway, even if other things do.

I reckon the investigation of the bridge in Baltimore will finally conclude it was not the fault of anyone involved. There will certainly not be any fault attributed to any US employee.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom