The Slightly Obscure Music Discussion And Quizzy Thread (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:48
I'm impressed you figured it out! You're up, just remember, SOME of us ain't as smart as you!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:48
SpiceKnot mashup by Bill McClintock would you have this in your rotation?

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:48
Even managed to wedge in a Black Crowes guitar solo... what more do you need.
Perfect way to start my work week :LOL:

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:48
You're up
OK after a fair bit of consideration I've decided not to put anything quizzy. I was thinking that we could maybe share our 'guilty pleasure' songs etc.. but decided against that as well lol

Instead I thought I'd share this, which I think might have a bit of something for everyone..?

murphybridget

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:48
OK after a fair bit of consideration I've decided not to put anything quizzy. I was thinking that we could maybe share our 'guilty pleasure' songs etc.. but decided against that as well lol

Instead I thought I'd share this, which I think might have a bit of something for everyone..?

That's pretty entertaining.

murphybridget

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:48
Yes, I still play occasionally, I get phone calls from different bands asking me to fill in if their own drummer can't make the gig.
My preference is for 60's music, but have played in an orchestra and toured Germany and Belgium. So I'll play whatever is needed.
I also play bass guitar and again also fill in if needed, I played bass in a blues quartet for a couple of years, that was nice.
I have 4 bass guitars, I also have 5 stratocaster 6 string guitars and one drum kit.
I suppose I should sell some kit but they're like old friends, oh, I've got 2 bass amps and one amp for the strats. Actually, I think I'm still on YouTube playing bass along to some stuff.
Col
It sounds like you have quite the musical background and a versatile skill set! Being able to play both drums and bass, as well as guitar, allows you to fill in wherever you're needed, whether it's for a gig with a band or a session in the studio.

Your experience playing in various genres, from 60's music to blues quartets, and even in orchestras, demonstrates your adaptability and passion for music.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:48
If someone would have told me years ago that one day I would give Metallica accolades for doing a Sir Elton John song justice, I would have dismissed them as a raving lunatic!

You just never know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom